“Good no-frills place to chill, Sail.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tanjung Lesung Bay Villas Hotel & Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Tanjung Lesung Bay Villas Hotel & Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tanjung Lesung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good no-frills place to chill, Sail.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a 4 hour drive from Jakarta - you need to set off from Jakarta early in the morning (5am) and plan to leave the resort late (6pm) to minimize the jam.

It's a good getaway, if you want to chill, relax, read a book by the beach.

The accom is basic, at least they have an air-con unit in the room we got.
The beach is average, I like how they have trees growing giving the deck chairs a natural shade - which is great for just reading.

Lots of people come here to sail (probably one of the few places around Jakarta), and my 3 kids got to try it for 1 hour. They do have boat trips to Krakatoa, or a nearby island.

Food wise, there is no other choice. Fortunately, we found the food decent.

The owner (David) hangs around, very friendly - so that's a nice touch.
Definitely if we wanted a quick weekend getaway, this will be a good choice for folks in Jakarta.
Not exactly a place I'd recommend for overseas folks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank FoolishSaint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I just had an office trip to Tanjung Lesung Bay Villas recently. I found the place was quite great, the services were good, the staffs were very nice and helpful. The villas itself was also great, they designed the place nicely, it was very homey, relaxing, and very Indonesian. The room was nice and clean, I really love the open space shower inside every villa, and somehow I feel very fresh after taking a shower outside. The bad thing about the room was the AC, somehow it got leaked on my second day there. Some of my friend was also complaints that their AC was also leaked and makes intolerable noise that interrupted their sleep. I hope the management able to identify this issue and initiate a maintenance service.

Prior to my visit, a couple of friends said bad things about the villas, how bad it is, filthy, smell, and not very recommended. But after my visit, I didn’t find those issues in the villas.

The food, the food was an average. It was not really bad, but I won’t say it was good, just so-so. I do think they have to improve their food services.

They also offer quite wide-ranging facilities for us to use. They have billiard, badminton, tennis table, basketball, fishing pond, bicycle, and swimming pool. The villas actually are a beachfront resort, but I don’t really fancy their beach, you just can’t swim there. Thank god they have a beach club nearby, just 15 minutes away by foot. I also don’t really fancy the beach club, but it offers several water sports for us to try, banana boat, manta boat, donut boat, snorkeling, and kayaks. I tried the banana boat and their manta, which instantly boost my mood that day.
Since my trip was from my office, I completely have no idea about any price there, so I just cannot give explanation about their pricing. The thing I hated so much was the trip itself, it took my 5 hours to get there from Jakarta (Friday morning) and 8 hours back to Jakarta (Sunday noon), which was beyond madness in my opinion.

But overall, I really love my trip there. I do really hope the management does some improvements and perhaps some promotion or discounts to induce customers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Rizki P
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was choosing Bay Villas because there is no other choices for hotel in Tanjung Lesung area. I am an event organizer and I was planning for 1 night stay for my guest after climbing Krakatau Mt. and exploring the Ujung Kulon area.

Prior the event I was nervous with my own choice and I was thinking to move to the other hotel. But today I will say : I would not regret my choice to stay in Bay Villas.

The staff just very nice. The marketing staff in Jakarta (Firdaus) is very nice and helpful. He was very patient to answer all my questions and request. The staff in the hotel are perfect.

The view is just fabulous, open sea, blue water and we can do snorkeling just 10 min walking distance from our room. Banana boat, jet ski, etc are also available.

The food is delicious and my guest really happy with that.

Overall Bay Villa is just perfect, definitely will be back

Room Tip: for couple : zamrud cottage with 1 bed room is more than enough for small family : mutiara cottage...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MayHendrawati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Honestly I disagree with the previous review because this place is very good ..
I just have a group trip to Bay Villas, Tanjung Lesung ..
This is such a nice place because :
When we arrived, the staffs greets us warmly with welcome dance and welcome drink session
They helped us to carried our luggage to our cottages
The buffet lunch, dinner and breakfast are delicious and refillable, the restaurant's staff are so helpful
The room is very cleaaannnn, with the good function of water heater, toilet n clean bathtub
The air conditioner also works good ( there is 1 room my friend told me that the AC didn't work good but after she came back after dinner, ther's no problem anymore )
The swimming pool is always warm n at one side, we can just sit above the whirpool when we finished our swimming activity

Today is our check out time and all of my friends are so excited for having such a very great time at Bay Vilass resort, Tanjung Lesung

Indonesian owned hotels is not as bad as people said
And just a tip when visitting Indonesian's resort, if the staff seems doesn't undestand with what you want, may be you just have to write it on a piece of paper so may be they can help
Because indonesian english pronouncesation is different with the other countries so they could be misunderstood to what foreign guests needs

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank yellow_chik
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is the first time that I have been disappointed and angry enough to write a letter following a visit to a hotel. Our experience at Bay Villas was beyond poor. And the fact that this hotel is rated anything more than a two star is misleading and dishonest.

Our two bedroom villa was not only dirty, but the sheets on the beds and the pillows were stained, the bottom of the bathtub was chipped and coming apart, the toilet didn't flush properly, there was no hot water for showers, the telephone didn't work, and the air conditioning units in both bedrooms were broken. On the first night of our stay, multiple requests to the front desk for a clean set of sheets and a working telephone were ignored. And as a result of the broken AC units, we had to pull the mattresses off the beds and put them in the main room so that we could sleep in the only room that had air conditioning.

Furthermore, the service at the restaurant was horrible. To begin with, the wait staff could not get our drink orders right. Then, we were told that we could order pizza for our kids, only to be told nearly 25 minutes later that it was not possible. We then ordered spaghetti and it took nearly an hour to get it. By the time it arrived our meal was long over.

And finally, my husband's attempts to speak with a property Manager on two separate occasions were met with excuses and refusals.

We have learned our lesson about Indonesian owned and operated hotels...they're far from western standards.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
17 Thank Natalie W

Travelers are raving about these Tanjung Lesung hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Was out very late this year, trying to find at cottage or hotel for new years weekend and I had almost given up. Then by incident I found the Tanjung Lesung Sailing Club's website, and contacted them. They responded very quickly, and confirmed they had available cottages.
Went there together with my girlfriend for 2 nights, and I must say it was a very positive experience. We were welcomed very warmly by the owner (a distinguished english gentleman Mr. David Baylis), and his staff. They really did their best to make this new years a positive experience for us in every way (among other things we all had a great dinner together on new years eve). The place is clean, well maintained and the prices are absolutely fair. We are definately coming back, and I can higly recommend this place for others who would like some days in a nice cottage right at the waterfront).

Room Tip: The small cottages are absolutely fine if you are just 2 persons.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Niels57
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Back to 2010, after a long long drive, about 5 hours, finally we arrived at this wonderful beach resort. The staff quickly welcome us with warm greet and welcome drink, then transport to chalet by buggy golf. Good to start our holiday.
The resort was large, well located on a lovely "rocky" beach. Beautiful ground and garden. It have playground, bicycle, table tennis, basket ring, gazebo overlook to the ocean, but sadly have'nt well maintained, little bit tired. Kids club, not as good as on the website. The beach itself and gazebos barely occupied, sometimes we have all by ourself.
Pool, I agree with previous review, it have a great pool. And yes, the water always warm. There's a kids pool too filled with colorful plastic balls.
Breakfast, buffet style with lot of varieties.
They have beach club about 5 mins driving although not too appealing IMO.
The room, it's a chalet actually, nice room, but need a little refurbish especially with the bathroom.
Nightlife, what nightlife? No activities at night. It located far far away in the middle of nowhere.

Overall, It's a pleasant holiday there. For 5 star resort, the price is reasonable, not cheap but also not too expensive for all-inclusive package. But I may not back there soon as It need 5 hours from Jakarta.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Double G Resort Anyer
Double G Resort Anyer
#2 of 7 in Anyer
The Acacia Hotel Anyer

Been to Tanjung Lesung Bay Villas Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!