“Sunday lunch bargain at 12.95”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Manor

The Manor
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Greasby
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A tastefully converted 17th century listed building, set within a beautiful landscaped courtyard, located in Greasby Village at the heart of the Wirral Peninsula. The choice of decor at the Manor offers a sophisticated yet hushed elegance and you are always assured of a warm welcome from our friendly and informed staff. Monday to Saturday, during the day we serve high quality lunches and every evening from 5pm we offer our superb dinner menu, on a Sunday traditional roasts are our speciality! Open everyday from 12 noon, the Manor has a great deal to offer!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch bargain at 12.95”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Visited here for a family meal, approx 20 of us a few weeks ago. Manor is a traditional but elegant restaurant bar with a function room. Offering a 2 course meal for 12.95 represents excellent value for money. Meals come with separate roasties and veg, all delicious. I tried the salmon croquettes with a lemon mayonnaise for starters and the pork caprice for main - essentially pork belly served with pan juices.
Everyone was happy with their food choice - certain dishes like lamb shanks, carry a supplement but all worth it.
We visited on a particularly hot day and the restaurant was very stuffy and uncomfortable - I had to keep going out for air!
Although I received prompt service I felt that the majority of staff lacked a friendly nature and any charm - I appreciate that the venue was very busy and so hot (!) but a smile goes a long way!
Finally only one cot was available in the whole restaurant; I think this needs to be looked into. We were only one party and had 2 babies.

• Visited May 2013

“Service is now no better that a fast food restaurant, with plates and drinks and even the bill being delivered while still eatin”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Service is now no better that a fast food restaurant, with plates and drinks and even the bill being delivered while still eating.

Food is still high quality but I was appalled at the service. I came for a nice meal, not a burger and therefore I expect wine to be poured for me and food to turn up on time all together. I do not expect to be asked to hurry up and have the bill delivered while still eating. I know there is a 2 hour sitting but 2 hours for 2 people is different to a group of 8 and the service wasn't even quick.

We have gone there for 20 plus years because it was always so nice. I won't be back in a hurry!!!

wirral
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We visit this restaurant on a fairly regular basis as we live locally, we have always had a really good meal and last night was no exception. It was a new menu with lots to choose from for both meat eaters and veggies, good variety and generous portions of vegetables are included in the price ( major plus point with me as I really hate the current rip off trend of charging extra for veg and potatoes ), service is excellent and the price has got to be the best value on the wirral.
We have taken many friends, family and visitors and all agree that that the food is delicious.

Wirral
“Restaurant or transport caff?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

For over 20 years we have dined at The Manor, (in all its incarnations, the Manor, Barngrove etc). As a Greasby resident, I am always singing its praises, it’s a hidden gem. Whenever we have friends and relatives from outside Wirral, especially from abroad, we visit the Manor.

We have had minor complaints, but overall we were more than satisfied with the quality of the food and service. Our visits to the Manor are an occasion. We usually go for an event (birthdays etc.) and a special treats. We don’t go when we can’t be bothered to cook at home!

We visited on 9th June. The food is good; the service is good, maybe a little expensive but still good value for money.

But standards have declined. As I said we go for “events”. We make an effort; it could be described as smart casual. We sat in the restaurant (not a pub, not a transport caff) with other diners who were dressed in T-shirts, shorts and training shoes etc.

Can I make it clear, I’m not a snob, I’m an ordinary working class bloke. But, if I am paying restaurant prices, I don’t want to be put off my food by looking at milk white hairy legs and sweat stained T-shirts. If I was in the local pub paying a third of the price to dine I would not have a complaint.

I mentioned this to the manager who told me that he could not stop people wearing what they wanted to. I agree with him, he can’t stop people wearing what they want, but he can stop them dining in his restaurant! Many bars, clubs and restaurants in Liverpool have a dress code, no admittance in jeans, training shoes etc. or similar. Their exclusivity makes them more popular. So why can’t the Manor do the same? It seems that they are catering for the lowest common denominator.

I have spoken to friends in Greasby, all big fans of the Manor, but all agreeing on the ever so gradual but steady decline; scruffy customers, diners texting between courses etc. So, my message is, improve the ambiance before it is too late and you start to lose your regular clientèle.

1 Thank Doug J
Chester, United Kingdom
“Possibly the best value on The Wirral”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Frequent visitor. Dined with two friends. One staying from Taunton asked to go to The Manor.
Never fails to live up to expectations.
My friends both had the crab starter. Generous portion. Both agreed it was delicious. I had the belly pork. It was beautifully cooked. Light and chrispy with a delicate sweet dressing that was the perfect compliment.
Both friends had the hake in a sauce for main whilst I had the shin of beef. Very reasonable portions with ample vegetables and new potatoes. Again the rich sauce the beef was served in was well chosen. A strong flavour without over-powering the meat.
Desserts were chocolate and cherry cake, Cambridge cream and poached pear. All three much enjoyed.
The venue is smart and always well presented. The staff are courteous and efficient. The restaurant is rightly very popular. We have been customers for several years now and the standard is a good today as it has ever been. A great compliment to all those responsible for running it.
Our bill was less than £20 a head for three courses plus three drinks. Fantastic value.