“Beer Vs Dogs...”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2019

Re visited this pub after moving back to the area and found the beers to be as stunning as they ever were.
However, though I loved the beer, I was uncomfortable with the number of smelly dogs I had to step over every time I moved and with the owners who expected others to be as charmed by their pets as they were.
Maybe the profit from dog owners far outweighs the losses from those who don't like them but I don't want them around me when I'm relaxing, so may have to think twice before returning.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 19, 2019

Stumbled on this place accident en route to elswhere but so pleased we did, great little pub, nice freshly cooked food too.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Stopped for a coffee before a school pick up, pleasant atmosphere and service. A great selection of local brewery ales if that’s your thing.
Good parking facilities, nice dining room with a reasonable menu.

Reviewed February 22, 2019

What a difference a couple of weeks can make!
My experience on this occasion was so different to my last visit here and not in a good way. So much so, that I'm left wondering if the chef has left!
Soggy filling in a re heated jacket potato, yes really. My companion fared no better, with a less than appealing omlette, which with 3 eggs, should have been fluffy in appearance.
We won't now be rushing back. There is lots of choice in the area, so luckily we can go elsewhere.

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Another tremendous meal! Had the juicy Irby burger with pickles, a flat mushroom and Stilton with the best home cooked chips!!! Great atmosphere, warm and clean. Quick friendly service and the beer was fantastic. You’ll not be disappointed!