All reviews the pub duck pate lovely village banoffee pudding overlooking the village green pretty village fish and chips sunday lunch an evening meal scallops full english peddars way garden room home made cooked to perfection
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Dabbling Duck for 3 nights in January 2014. We loved it. It is one of the nicest places of its kind that we have ever visited. The bar is well stocked, with four or five ales on draught, in a small room with a wood burner. The main dining room is a lovely room with subdued lighting, book lined walls, scrubbed wooden tables and candlelight. The food was some of the best we've had at this type of establishment: the crispy sea bass skin with braised oxtail and parsnips was delicious. The inn looks out on to the village green opposite the parish church. At night all is very quiet and still outside. The bedroom although small was perfectly adequate with a great bathroom and a very powerful shower. We had only two minor reservations about the inn: the mattress in our room (2) was far too soft, leading to back pain; the second was the menu, which didn't change during our stay, and half the mains came with chips, which is fine if you like chips not not so great if you don't. This lack of choice might have become an issue for a longer stay. As it was, this minor problem was more than made up for by a magnificent set of puddings: stodgy, sweet and delicious, just what's needed on a cold winters night.

Date of stay: January 2014
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We booked an overnight stay and supper deal in February 2013 and arrived in the pouring rain on a Sunday lunchtime. The pub was serving roasts but we didnt want anything too filling so had the roast beef in ciabatta which came with 2 delicious roast potatoes and a pot of gravy. The best roast beef sandwich I've ever had!! We then booked in to a small but perfectly adequate bedroom and chilled out until supper time, which was once again delicious. Staff were very friendly and it's not just an eating pub but also a local's pub which I'm always a fan of! Would definitely revisit.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Went to lunch at the Dabbling Duck. Over all a good experience. Norfolk Mussels for starters and Hake fish and chips for main course. Well prepared, well presented and good service, reasonable value. Will definitely return.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I arrived on Saturday evening very travel weary having driven all the way from Devon and what a pleasure it was to arrive at such a super place. Very welcoming and warm.
The perfect English country pub. Doggy friendly and comfortable room although a little small.
We had dinner in the bar with our dog and I had superb Duck Ragout with chestnuts. My husband had the rib-eye steak and fab thrice cooked chips which had been cooked in beef dripping, yummy!! Breakfast was first class too, perfect poached eggs for me and the full monty for my husband. Would love to back there again.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food at the Dabbling Duck last night.

I went with my family for my brother's birthday and we were very well looked after.

I can highly recommend the mussels with root vegetables and beer Creme fraiche and the dingley dell treacle basted ham, duck egg and thrice cooked beef dripping chips :-)) Sadly I had no room for dessert so could not indulge. They all sounded scrumptious though let me assure you!

We will be back! Thank you to all the crew at the pub for a great night.

Date of stay: November 2013