“Unpretentious but good.”

The Cornish Arms
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Burry Port
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent freshly caught fish menu
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The staff are friendly and the food is good. Portions are generous. The real ale is good, mostly Welsh breweries, and beers change regularly. My one doubt is that some dishes are quite expensive, but it's worth it.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Situated just by the railway bridge in Burry Port, you cant help but notice the small pub. The eating area is small and when several more customers came in, it felt as if we were sitting on top of each other.
The food especially the fresh fish was very nice, served by a smiling barman who seemed to be matching me drink for drink.
Atmosphere was quiet.
Not a pleasant stay, go to the Neptune just the other side of the bridge.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is another little culinary gold mind recommended by friends. A table was booked for the 2 of us and it was more than big enough. I hate being squashed with crockery when there are just 2. The menu was extensive with an array of different fresh fish. If you are a fish lover the list is endless and imaginative. The rest of the menu was equally extensive as was the children's menu. My partner and I ordered a starter and mains and settled back to enjoy. For a Tuesday evening the restaurant was fully booked and being served by a really young waitress who had the smile to melt ice and she worked her socks off, considering that the kitchen was up stairs, but carried on smiling. We waited 30 minutes for our starter but it was sell worth the wait and was more or less a full portion in itself. We both had port loin steaks in an apple and honey sauce accompanied by sweet minted peas, and the usual mushrooms', onion rings and a choice of potatoes. Mashed, boiled, jacket and sautéed and the usual portion of salad which was crisp and nicely presented. There were 3 large steaks and I only managed to eat 2 but my partner cleared his plate. Neither of us could manage a sweet but we were not rushed off our table. The only down side was the long wait for our starters but this was made easier by the smiling, polite waitress who well deserved her tip and I hope the owners realise what an asset she is to their establishment. We also had a doggy bag for the loin steak I left.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food was ok this issue is about the appalling man in charge.We waited two hours for service. The waiter worked very hard trying to serve drinks, clear tables, take orders,and man the bar. He was a hard worker but could not cope with the work load. There was food on the floor and discarded serviettes. My grandson said the toilets were horrible!

The manager was a scruffy, poorly presented man who was sitting drinking with friends. After an unacceptable wait for food, I eventually complained about the long wait. To my astonishment the manager was loud and aggressive.there was no apology or explanation. I felt afraid and threatened by his manner. I am a seventy year old woman and felt very uncomfortable. I would not recommend this place the staff and food was ok the manager a mess and appeared deranged. Do not go until management is changed.

3  Thank tortoiseandhare
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Incredible food from 5 different dishes- all absolutely delicious. Nicest freshest fish had in a long time. Friendly owner happy to walk through restaurant showing the good fresh fish!

1  Thank Adrian D