“Fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Team Spirit Hang Gliding & Paragliding

Team Spirit Hang Gliding & Paragliding
More attraction details
Owner description: Team Spirit Hang Gliding and Paragliding located in Puerto Rico fly the amazing Puerto Rican skies over the edges of the El Yunque Rainforest with our professional licensed Pilot Instructors.The sky is not the limit...only the beginning!For all visitors and residents of Puerto Rico and special booking for barefoot travelers rooms guests.
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had a great experience flying two tandem flights with Bob earlier this week!

Initially we had some difficulty contacting Team Spirit - it took a couple emails before they responded, and then they indicated they only take reservations over the phone (so if you're trying to book with them in the future -- try calling them first). We are a group of two and both of us wanted to fly. When they responded by email about a week before we wanted to fly with them, they indicated they were probably fully booked for our date. We tried following up by phone and it took a few days of trying to call them (leaving messages each time) before we got a call back. Again, they indicated they were fully booked on the day we wanted to go. However, we got a call from Keishya the day before we wanted to go, indicating they had availability for 1 flight, and possibly a 2nd flight. We were unsure about this (as we both wanted to go), but they indicated it was due to uncertainty around changing weather conditions, so we agreed to take at least one flight, and leave the second one to chance.

I really appreciated their eye on safety as they would not operate if the winds weren't right. Fortunately, the winds held up, and Bob/Keishya were accommodating and able to get our second flight in as well! After chatting with them more, I understand the difficulty in booking was likely that they are a small business, don't have an office staff, and they are often the ones leading the tours, so they can only respond to booking requests in the off hours.

Right now they only have one glider and one tandem instructor (Bob) operating, so if you want to go as a group of two people, one person will fly, you will wait for that person to land, and drive all the way back up the mountain, before the second person can fly. So -- plan for this to take at least 2 hours per person. We were fine with this, as the views from the take-off point were spectacular. But I'd suggest bringing something to read or do while waiting, as it takes about 90 minutes for the first flight to get back up.

Each flight started with a 30 minute tutorial on take-off, flying, and landing (plus some paperwork), while Bob was setting up the glider. Each flight itself lasted about 20-25 minutes as the wind was cooperating during our flights. It's about a 35 minute drive back up the mountain after landing (and about a 1 hour drive from San Juan to the take-off site).

What an adventure the flight was! We got great "air" and height, and there are spectacular views over the valley. Such a peaceful experience while flying! The landing was smooth. Make sure you bring some long sleeves as it does get a little chilly up in the air (and maybe sunscreen too!).

The only things that could have gone a little better:
-- improved responsiveness on the booking process
-- if the first person that flies then drives down the mountain to the landing pad to meet the second flyer -- their assistant Raymond is a bit difficult to follow. He FLIES down the mountain, taking twisty steep roads at over 60 mph.
-- a little warning that the landing pad is in a cow field, so you might need to watch out for cow poop piles and ant hills. The hang gliding harness protects you somewhat from landing belly-down in cow piles, but it's definitely an experience coming in for a landing inadvertently aiming right at a cluster of cows and making them scatter in different directions.

Thanks again to Bob and his team - we loved our hang gliding experience and would do it again!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank bluepig1

London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hang Glidin Puerto Rico with Team Spirit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Bobby Hastings took us for a wonderful day of Hang Gliding while we were in Puerto Rico on a eight day vacation. Patrick O'Donnell and I, Bob Grant Sr. were in for a real treat with flying Bobby and Keishas beautiful Hang Gliding site. Bobby had all the equipment ready for us and Patrick flew a Falcon while I flew Mark Vaughn's Fusion 150. I had my own Fusion 150 seven years ago so I was very familiar with this glider and Bobby had a really nice Wills Wing Harness for me to fly. Patrick and I had great flights and entertained many Redtail Hawks that kept diving at our gliders as we flew above the mountain. Bobby also flew wih us as he had a tandem student and they soared with us. We all flew for just over one hour before the rain started and we had to land. The rain only lasted ten minutes and we felt fortunate to enjoy this beautiful site.
Bobby is a real nice soft spoken gentleman and he looked after us really well and supplied us with the best of equipment and supervision. Team Spirit is Great!
check out my Video from the event at -

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Bob G
Atlantic City, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Do NOT miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Bob and Keishya are top notch professionals. They always had safety in mind before all else. We hang glided with Bob last week. He piloted my boyfriend, myself and my 10 year old son. It was one of the best experiences of my life! Not scary at all (and I'm terrified of heights). It was fun, amazing, spiritual...... I am so glad we were able to fit this into our vacation.
I would recommend making reservations for this early in your vacation. We had to reschedule a couple times because of questionable weather. So give yourself time to be rescheduled. Keishya and I were in contact for months before our vacation. She was quick, kind and professional in her responses to my many questions....(I was really nervous)! When we met Bob and started getting ready for flight, we were completely comfortable. We cannot wait to go back to P.R. and hang glide again. Next time we will also take the kayak trip that Keishya offers to Monkey Island! P.R. has so much to offer and so much to do, this is something you don't want to miss. Thank you Keishya & Bob! -Jenn, David & Jackson

Visited November 2013
2 Thank sukey0828
New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great first hang gliding experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I traveled to Puerto Rico for the first time to celebrate my birthday, and I had such an amazing experience. Keishya and Bob topped it all off by making sure my friend and I had a chance to go hang gliding, something I'd always wanted to do. I recommend sunblock and long pants for this adventure. Definitely worth it! My friend, who is afraid of heights, even braved her first flight and loved it! Special thanks to Keishya for making me a fearless driver on those winding, bumpy roads through the rainforest...and for recommending that roadside restaurant with authentic Puerto Rican food!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank DRtravel99
Greenville, SC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful and exciting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a lovely experience! We felt very safe and well-taken-care-of! The flight was wonderful and long, and everyone in our group had an amazing time!

Visited July 2013