“Greatest excursion in Puerto Rico!”

Team Spirit Hang Gliding & Paragliding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Team Spirit Hang Gliding and Paragliding located in Puerto Rico fly the amazing Puerto Rican skies over the edges of the El Yunque Rainforest with our professional licensed Pilot Instructors.The sky is not the limit...only the beginning!For all visitors and residents of Puerto Rico and special booking for barefoot travelers rooms guests.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Don't leave the island before hang gliding! I have a fear of heights and the thought of running off the edge of a mountainside made me so nervous. But the adventure seeker in me wanted to overcome this fear. Well Bob and Keishya calmed my nerves. Because of their years of experience, safety measures, and the passion they possessed, I found the confidence to take the plunge! It was one of the greatest experiences of my life! We were airborne for 30 min. and the views of rainforest, hillsides, valley, and ocean were breathtaking. We had hawks flying all around us! It was like a fairy tale! I felt supernatural and (after the initial steps leading up to flying) I had no more fear! It was also a major bargain compared to zip lining (which lasts only seconds and views are limited). I fail at words to describe the experience. You have to try it for yourself!

6  Thank Jill C
"adrenaline"
"travelers"
"skills"

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have always wanted to try hang gliding. This year my daughter and daughter in law gave me a hang gliding ride for my birthday. They chose team Spirit because they came highly recommended from many of our friends in Puerto Rico who are also hang gliders. Both Bob and Keisha have extensive experience flying in a variety of conditions and climates for many years.
I can say that even though I had been waiting so long for this experience I was a little nervous as it came to my turn to suit up. Bob has such a kind and easy going nature to him and he quickly put me at ease explaining clearly what to expect.
Once you run through the take off practice session you are both standing at the edge of this very steep hill...moments later, running down the hill, you make four our five steps.. and off you go! It really is breathtaking! The first 10 minutes I was just in awe of the spectacular vistas. It was great to talk to Bob about the technical aspects of hang gliding...he is so incredibly knowledgeable and has had such a long career that he can answer any question about hang gliding that you might have. It is by far one of the most amazing experiences in my life...I definitely want to go again!
I loved it so much that we tried to go again before our trip was over. We had scheduled another day for my daughter to get a ride. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperating. We had made the trip to the launch site but, upon standing at the take off point, Bob and Keishya felt the winds were a bit too strong. They are extremely safe pilots and I appreciate this. Since we, and they, had driven all the way over there we decided to go ahead and do a kayaking trip with them over in Punta Santiago. We all headed over to their hotel and we got changed as they got the gear together. It was fun to be able to see their hotel...super cute...I definitely would recommend it to any friend visiting PR. We launched the Kayaks from the beach and headed to Cayo Santiago
(Monkey Island). This island is home to a large colony of Rhesus Macaques which have been studied for years by the University in Puerto Rico and researchers from all over the world. It's a super fun relatively easy trip. While it is prohibited, and dangerous, to actually go onto the island, it is easy to tie up the kayaks off shore a bit and just float around and snorkel. It was also fun to see that the monkeys were as curious about us as we were about them. It was an absolutely beautiful day.I cannot say enough about the amazing experience I had hang gliding in Puerto Rico with Team Spirit. In addition, if you are wanting a fun kayaking trip definitely consider making your way over to Punta Santiago while in PR. Bob and Keishya have created a great personalized tourism business in Puerto Rico.

6  Thank Leticia P
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had an amazing flight this afternoon! The view of Puerto Rico could not have been more awesome than from the hang glider. Thanks again Keisha and Bob.

3  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Me and my girlfriend who after that night became my fiancee like to do something extreme for our birthdays, this time we decided on hang gliding, and it was awesome! They were very professional, safe, and nice too. I had my camera straped with me so I took a lot of pictures and videos from the air and also keishya email me the ones she took from the ground. It was a great experience and would go back for seconds, just make sure you have time to spare cause if the wind is not in the right condition they will wait for the right time cause safety is always their main priority. We were in the air for about half an hour and up to 10,000 feet plus we got to ride at the same time, you've got to do to this if you come to Puerto Rico.

3  Thank Adrian F