“Great place to recharge...”
Review of Mimosa Tea Garden

Mimosa Tea Garden
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Eastham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

...your batteries after a walk in woods. Dog friendly, good value, lovely staff. What more could you ask for. Carrot cake and tea are my favs here.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

A quirky tea garden hidden away by the car park at Eastham Country Park. We visited after a muddy walk on a cold windy day and the small indoor seating area was warm and cosy. The coffee, hot chocolates and homemade cakes were delicious. The outside seating areas are charming with an eclectic mix of gazebos, garden furniture, planters and statues. You order from a hatch in the garden and we were entertained by two very tame robins whilst we were being served and the staff were really helpful. There was also a multitude of bird life to watch as we enjoyed our food. We will definitely return in the summer so we can enjoy the magical ambience of the gardens with their variety of hidden seating areas, plants and wildlife. A wonderland for children and adults.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visit Mimosa on a regular basis. The place has real character and a very unique charm. They have an extensive menu of snacks and sandwiches. They also do fantastic homemade soups. Are favourites are the Sausage Surprise and the Bacon Sizzler which feature meat from the famous Muffs butchers.

They do excellent fresh ground coffee which is lovely. Unfortunately they only have one coffee machine for everything (including tea) which really, really slows service. We have seen people walk away at busy times which is very sad. They need a boiler for tea and a pour and serve for people just wanting an ordinary coffee.

Emma, the American girl is worthy of note. We tease her about her accent and she just laughs at us. She is lovely and offer great service as do the other girls.

2  Thank Mcravenus
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Don't waste your time and go to the pub round the corner!!

I am 23 and my family and I went to this cafe after a lovely walk at eastham country park. We ordered 3 toasties and a soup.
After half an hour we went to ask how long our food would b and were just told bluntly "5 minutes". After 40 minutes a number of families served after us had got their food so I asked what had happened to our order and was only told "it was on its way". After an HOUR (for toasties and soup!!!) my family and I were cold, hungry and frustrated. So I went and asked where our food had got to because this was ridiculous and instead of an apology and explanation I got a sigh and a "well your foods ready now do you not want it".
I laughed no and asked for a refund and reluctantly, after more sighs and bad attitude, we got one but not before they tried to short change us!!! Then when we walked out the girl sarcastically shouted after us "sorry about your wait". I could not believe it!! Service here was an absolute joke borderline confrontational and ruined a lovely Sunday afternoon.

Basically they had forgotten our order then got completely defensive and rude when we asked where our food was. It wasn't just the one member of staff either but a few of them. Not worth ruining your day over!!

7  Thank livi_burgess
Reviewed December 28, 2013

What a quirky little place this is. You rather feel like you have found the mad hatters tea party garden. We only had coffee, but it was strong and HOT as it should always be. Everyone around us chatted away as if we'd been friends for years, not strangers. As old as I am, I'd rather like to think that was party of the magic, well it was Christmas week after all. Can't wait to go back in the warmer weather.