1,013 results
All reviews wedding venue afternoon tea rose room wedding breakfast wedding coordinator grounds are stunning steeped in history bridal suite main building four poster bed large bathroom sitting room special occasion following morning scones evening meal well worth a visit
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Had been before and always had a good service, but at my latest visit decided never to go back again!
Visited with my best friend for a spa treatment and afternoon tea.
The therapists rushed us in a room, without checking before if we were fine to be in one together. Never checked our names or introduce themselves.
We felt during the treatments (back massage) that they were talking between them and laughing, the treatment if you can call it that... ended no more than 18 mins!! It was very poor and I personally can tell as I am a therapist myself. The relaxation room, which is nothing but relaxing, is small, not very warm and the chairs are not comfortable at all.
Then took us for afternoon tea, so said ok, lets forget so far and enjoy!
But alas took us to a big cold room, without a fire on, dark no lights; I had to use my phone to have some music on and make it a bit more welcoming.
After a mix up with what they were bringing us the afternoon tea arrived.
Judging from previous times I visited, it gets smaller and smaller with less sweet parts too! Waste of time and definitely waste of our money!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ele L
Hazlewood-Manager, Manager at Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Thank you for you review, I am sorry you were disappointed on your visit to Imagine Spa here at Hazlewood Castle. I certain they would like to make redress, and would urge you to contact them direct. Additionally our afternoon tea has recently been reviewed with additional cakes added. I am sorry this was not to your liking. I do hope you commented at the time, it is at this point we are best able to offer redress.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Upon driving up the access road I was immediately blown away! What a tremendous building!

Rooms were comfy, spacious and clean and the restaurant was great!

Would certainly return to this hotel with my wife and spend a little longer than the one night.

Fabulous!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Hazlewood-Manager, Manager at Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted you enjoyed your visit so much and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2018

I recently visited the hotel for the serail mud treatment and lunch. The staff were ever so friendly and helpful and the mud treatment is great - would definitely recommend.
The lunch was nice too and the castle itself is well kept and in such a pretty setting.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit, the team will be thrilled at your kind comments. I will be sure to share with them.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Stayed in this hotel for one night. The castle rooms were stunning, lovely bathroom very comfortable bed and good restaurant. Set in a picturesque location I enjoyed walking on the grounds, Only slight issue was due to thick castle walls broad band was limited.

Room Tip: Rooms are all good
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay, we are continually looking to improve what we offer and will look into the WiFi outage you mention.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend booked through spa breaks and had a full dinner and drinks included, as well as breakfast and a massage too of your choosing for 30mins.

The grounds are lovely and offset from the busy road. Cannot hear any cars and wouldnt know it was there.

The food for dinner was fantastic! Ofcourse the menu is expensive but you are have to remember the nearest town is York. The room was a good size and bed comfy.

Friendly staff who gave us a tour around and happy to show us where anything was.

Would come back definitely! Nice and quiet being one of the only guests

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Hazlewood-Manager, Manager at Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to the castle, the team will be thrilled at your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Your sincerely