Once again a great stay at Hazelwood Castle.
We booked a mid week stay for mine and my partners week off. We previously got married here seven months ago and are all always up for another nights stay. We received fantastic service from Kelly when booking our room, she was also our wedding planner and can not do enough for you. We wanted to stay in a new room and she was more that happy to accommodate us.
Had a very warm welcome from Steve who remembered us from our wedding, and asked how married life was. Which I think was a lovely touch as he must see lots of couples.
We stayed in the Hazle room which was lovely and modern, with a large bed and great size TV. A great sized bathroom and pretty outlook on to the grounds. After Settling in we took a walk around the beautiful grounds which are very well maintained.
We received a warm welcome on arrival in the restaurant and were seated straight away, food was served perfectly, the right amount of time between each course, all the food was to a excellent standard both presentation and taste, worth every penny. We had the best service from a lovely lady called Sue, very friendly and chatty.
Back to the restaurant for breakfast and more great service There was so much choice, tea and coffee, fruit juice, cereal, pastries, toast, jams, full breakfast, salmon. We didn't have to wait long for the full breakfast to come, and it was all very tasty.
On leaving more excellent service from another member of staff, on our way to our car we saw Kelly who booked for us. She stopped and chatted to us. Taking time out to make sure we had a lovely stay. This Hotel's staff really prides its self on giving great customer service and you can see it all the time.
We have stayed her twice, and all occasion we have received nothing but excellence, I have stayed in three different rooms, the bridal suite, wedding suite and hazle room. They have all been exceptional rooms, and very beautiful. For people who say its dated, what do you expect its a castle, but there are also modern rooms, and there are different choices of rooms. If you want a more modern room ask for one, they are more than happy to accommodate you.
We will be back again in five months time for our anniversary and can not wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 77 acres of landscaped gardens & woodland, this former knight's residence is in an idyllic rural location only minutes from the historic city of York & the cosmopolitan city of Leeds. Dating back to 1086, Hazlewood Castle has been sensitively restored & converted into a fabulous destination offering a selection of elegant private function rooms, 32 luxury rooms & suites, an award-winning Vavasour Restaurant, & its very own chapel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hazlewood Castle Hotel Hazlewood
- Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection England