“One nights stay in fabulous hotel”

Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hazlewood
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wonderful greeting on arrival by very friendly staff who could not do enough for you, lovely bedroom with fabulous view and excellent facilities and extremely comfortable bed with a very large bathroom, excellent meals and service in the restaurant, beautiful hotel in lovely grounds, well worth a visit would definitely return and have recommended to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dishyg
hotelieCastlehotel, General Manager at Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you return.

There are newer reviews for Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Called by here to get some information on their wedding facility. Place looked really well, but the service was a joke. We arrived at reception to find know one around. After looking around for about 10 mins, a young girl appeared and asked us what we wanted. We asked her for details of wedding packages, and she said it wasn't her job, and didn't think the person who dealt with weddings was there! She did not suggest anything else, just said we should come back some other time ? After a discussion, she eventually found some details under the counter. Asked her if we could look at the rooms used for weddings, and she just said no! Didn't give a reason or anything. This sort of service is becoming more and more frequent these days, and do not understand how business expect to thrive, especially in these times. This may have been an off day, but we have since booked our wedding elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Disappointed that this reviewer was not able to confirm day and time of visit. The reviews of the team at Hazlewood do not fit in with these comments

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at Hazlewood recently & must say it still has the exact charm I remembered from my wedding day. The staff were super friendly, our room was beautiful (we stayed in jasmine) & I couldn't fault anything. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Jasmine was a beautiful spacious room, giant bathtub & very quiet. I have previously stayed in q...
1  Thank kelletecis
hotelieCastlehotel, General Manager at Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Delighted that you enjoyed your return. Thank you for your kind comments

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here last week. It was everything I wanted it to be....romantic, special and different. The accommodation was as described and almost as expected from pictures advertised on the site....maybe not so grand looking! The grounds are beautiful, especially this time of the year because of the bluebells. We especially enjoyed relaxing in the evening in the Victoria Room and not having to stay in our bedroom.

The only thing I would say that I felt a little disappointed about was the fact that I had ordered the Leisure Plus package and I sort of expected them to take charge over it but I had to remind them I'd booked it to get any results. Silly I know, but when I ordered robes and chocolates in the room I wanted to go to the room and find them laid out on the bed not be told "we'll there should be robes in your room already" (there was they were hanging up in the bathroom) and "the chocolates just come in a bowl". Still wanted the thrill of seeing them in me room! The waitress in the restaurant had to check about the bubbly that came with the meal....can't help feeling the staff should know what each package comes with. And then the bill came with all the things we'd had during our stay added on when they were supposed to all come under the package price. Disappointing.

Would this stop me recommending the hotel to other people? No! We loved it and I've missed being there and have hated coming back to the same old same old.

Room Tip: Ask about the Leisure Plus package...well worth the money - huge savings in the long run.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelieCastlehotel, General Manager at Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Delighted that you had a great anniversary. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I came here for the evening last week to have dinner together having seen it recommend on trip advisor
On arrival the man on the reception desk appeared totally disinterested and unfriendly- did not even greet us. As we walked through the door
We went through to the bar area which can only described as soulless !
The bar served only 1 brand of beer and when we asked for white wine the bar man replied saying ' we only have 1 bottle left and that's all we have! ". Really NOT the response you would expect from such a hotel of this class
There was no ambience here & given the unfriendly and inflexible staff we decided to cancel our dinner reservation out of utter disappointment - such a shame as it looks so beautiful here but customer service is clearly not a priority here!,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sais444

As you mentioned we have great reviews on Trip Advisor and I am sorry you that you were unable to stay for dinner. We really do care and hope you will re visit again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

April 13th 14th We were invited to a christening at Hazelwood Castle. The setting is beautiful, the small church is pretty and roomy enough for 60 guests. Everything was arranged by the children's parents and it was a very pleasant weekend. We chose to stay in a courtyard room, it was quite spacious but disappointing. There were stains on the carpet and on the sofa, all could have done with cleaning. There was no refrigerator in the room and lack of moveable mirror in the bathroom, so hard to put on makeup. We paid £150 B&B,

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be similar
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
hotelieCastlehotel, General Manager at Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Delighted to see you had an enjoyable weekend

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I had an overnight in this Hotel and it was beautiful.
The staff were superb and the food fantastic.
The room was comfortable and tasteful.
I would definately use this again as I am in this area at least once a month.
Highly reccomend use it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Delighted you had an enjoyable visit to the Casle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlewood
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Collingham
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa

Been to Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!