“Fabulous”

Royal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Naseby
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary, Fast Food
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were on the rail trail and the team at the Royal came and collected us from Ranfurly and dropped us back after a great meal. Definately a highlight.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Dropped by the hotel for an afternoon drink, mentioned to owner we would be back later that night, He said it would be standing room only 3 groups booked, he more or less said dont bother, so we didnt, we tried another pub and checked out this one at half time and it was almost empty.

2  Thank Lynley S
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I had a really enjoyable meal and stay here. Very generous portion of tender steak that was cooked to perfection. Found the staff very friendly and helpful. I wanted to check out curling (a ice sport that the locals are mad over). The hotel staff pointed me in the right direction and who to talk to and I was away. Had a fantastic two hours on the ice rink. When I came back to the hotel the owners and staff invited me to join them for a few drinks. Very hospitable and I'll be back next year.

1  Thank clayton a a
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I enjoyed an excellent coffee in front of a roaring fire with Jill, the very friendly host. She and her husband Peter have taken over the lease for this great old-fashioned country pub. Sadly it was a little too early for lunch, but I did hear tales of the Apricot Chicken Cordon-Bleu which made me want to go back again sometime soon for dinner. They also do the usual well-cooked pub food - yum! Jill and Peter have great plans to really revitalise the hotel, so if you are in the area doing the Central Otago Rail Trail or just passing through, make sure you stop in and say hi. Good luck you two!! Cheers, Marianne

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had a meal here which was pleasant but unmemorable, though the battered cod was very fresh. The locals made no effort to be friendly and the barman was distinctly unfriendly.

2  Thank Louise1962_12