“Looks like great fun!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Naseby Ice Luge
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Naseby
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An exciting and unique experience for the whole family, young (min. age 8 years) and old. During the winter Naseby becomes the ice capital of New Zealand. In addition to luge enjoy ice skating and curling at adjacent facilities. Note - only open during the winter (generally June to August). Phoning ahead and/or booking is highly recommended.
New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Looks like great fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have hurt my back so didn't have a go myself, but I have to say that this looks like the best fun that anyone could have, hurtling down the frozen ice track. You should give it a go when you are here in winter!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MazNewZealand

Naseby
“Naseby Curling International Rink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hi All, I was sorry to read of 'hardly Tennis's' costly experience while at the rink. Having been a past manager of both of the Indoor and the Outdoor ice rinks I cannot understand how you were charged for two hours when one was booked. During my management this would never have happened as if there were no patrons waiting it was normal for me to allow an 'overrun' at these times. I am not too sure of who the manager would have been but I am sure there would have been a reasonable cause to refuse the extra payment and the manager should well have recognised this. During my management I always ran by the old adage that 'the customer comes first' and this paid of on many occasions with further booking made by the same group or groups. Bad vibes seem to spread faster then the good ones. Both of the rinks are a real plus for visitors to take part in - the natural ice outdoor rink is only one of very few where Crampit Curling, Ice Hockey, and Skating can take place 'under the stars' so to speak and if one has not heard the frenzied yelling from the skips during an outdoor curling match The new luge is also something to take part in for a real adrenalin buzz.

Visited July 2011
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

Whether anticipating or watching a trip to Naseby and the ice Luge is well worth while