“Best Chester cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
Exterior Landscape garden
Dining area
Views from the barn
Paddock
Sunset at Hillside!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Rikki B
“Best Chester cottage ”
Reviewed October 13, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

As always a wonderful relaxing stay . Well done Bona on the bedroom conversion . The new bedroom is lovely and comfortable. One small suggestion, vellux blinds would be a bonus .We'll be back .

Oct 16, 2017
Hi Rikki
I am glad you enjoyed the new bedroom. The velux blinds are here waiting to be fitted in the next couple of days!
Thomas K
“Lovely barn but lacking finishing touches”
Reviewed October 10, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We stayed here for 5 days. It was a lovely barn conversion and was very cosy and clean.
There was some minior repair works needed, such as a broken toilet seat, blown spot light and chipped glasses. All the kitchen utensiles were provided however they were gererally mis matched well worn and different styles which detratracted from the overall apperance.
However we had a very pleasent stay, it was ideally located to visit chester zoo, the park and ride in to chester and there are some beatiful places to eat in the area.

Oct 16, 2017
Hi Thomas
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
All the minor repair work you mentioned has now been completed.
Thank you for bringing it to our attention
Bona
Reviewed September 27, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Oct 10, 2017
Hi
I am sorry to note that the property was not completly ready prior to your arrival. I was informed by the decorators that they would get it ready but were unable to finish it in time. Please accept my apology. All the renovation work is now complete and the property is ready to be enjoyed in full.
I was very offended by your suggestion that you were unable to access BBC because we have not paid the TV licence fee. This is a false allegation and should be either substantiated or withdrawn.
On the brighter side, I hope you enjoyed the safe and secure rural retreat with plenty of open space, great views over Cheshire plains and spacious bed rooms with 2 king size beds. I appreciate your observation that the property has great potential and we will try our best to realise to to the full.
Once again I thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will change your mind regarding your future stay with us.
_gibsona3...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic relaxing weekend”
Reviewed July 4, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

First impressions as we pulled up off a busy main rd this isn't going to be relaxing and quite!!
I couldn't of been more wrong!
We Entered by large secure Electric gates so felt very safe and secure..
As we entered the barn you couldn't hear any road noise at all it was so pieceful.
The property was well laid out and had a very good size living and dinning room area !
Log burner was fantastic and living area opened up to large patio doors onto a lovely sitting area with beautiful views where you could sit and have a drink..
There was a lovely Chinese restaurant/ takeaway 2 mins walk away.
If there was anything that could of been improved but was just being really picky was the stairs was a little steep for the dog to come down so we had to carry him( but really wasn't a problem) and maybe just a little bit more grass area for the dog outside but not really a problem as the flower borders were stunning !
We will definitely be back, I felt like I was a footballers wife for the weekend.
Just beautiful.

NicolaM42...
“Nice,easy to get to and close to where we were visiting. Just needs a fence for a dog.”
Reviewed June 22, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The cottage was in good condition and had everything we needed inside.
We stayed to take part in Dogfest at Arley Hall in Cheshire so it was perfect travel time wise. Not that much within walking distance. Bona and family were lovely and friendly , happy to help us. The park across the road really is not a park but rather a kids area - dogs are not allowed off lead which was a pity. The only two things the cottage needs improved:
1. The stairs - far too steep and dangerous for a small dog we used the washing dryer to fence the stair off.
2. There is not a fenced off private garden for the dog.

For me a place cannot be dog friendly with these two issues. If these were to be sorted I would happily return next year for dogfest.

G_G_0619
Malta
“Lovely place”
Reviewed May 20, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Lovely & clean place. Includes everything needed, inc travel cot & highchair. Perfect combination.. away from centre but close to a lot of interesting places. Would stay again

joanne t
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Great property let down by cleanliness”
Reviewed April 11, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

We just returned from a fabulous weekend in this property. We are a family of 5, the 3 children were easily accommodated upstairs in the nicely decorated bedroom. My fiance and I slept on the sofa bed downstairs which was a good comfortable nights sleep. The log fire is a real plus. We never saw the owners although we did call them when we had a hiccup with the boiler so we knew they were available. The key self pick up and drop off system is brilliant. The view over the fields is lovely. However.... the cleanliness of this accommodation was disappointing. There were finger prints all over the walls and doors. They both need either a lick of paint or a good wash. There was a big spider squashed on the bathroom wall and a used plaster on the kitchen shelf. There were lots of cobwebs. But the worst thing for us was that the tea towels and bath towels smelt musty, really musty. So the cups smelt when we drank and we smelt after we had washed!! This is such a shame but I feel I have to be honest. The bedding, however, was fine so I think this must be stored somewhere else?? If someone spends half a day giving this place a real good clean then it will be a lovely property again. I've never left a negative review and I feel really reluctant to do so. Sorry. Change the cleaners maybe??

Apr 16, 2017
Hi Joanne
Thank you very much for your constructive review. I do very much appreciate it.
First of all, I am glad to learn that you had a comfotrable stay and enjoyed your weekend at our property. I take on board your comments tegarding the general cleanliness. The property is due for painting and decorating in the next 2 months. I will ensure that the tea mugs and tea towels are kept clean and fresh. I will also have a word with the cleaners (before firing them !)
Once sgain, thank you very much for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for an even better experience!
bona
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing