“TravelZoo Sunday Lunch”

The Gunnery Brasserie
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a warm, welcoming, inviting bar and restaurant located in the scenic village of Tarvin in the heart of Cheshire. Our charming premises date back to the early 19th century and many of the original features remain, culminating in a rustic and traditional dining setting. Coupled with our enthusiastic and motivated team we hope to provide an experience not to be forgotten.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked a Sunday Lunch offer through TravelZoo.
A lovely building in the centre of Tarvin with a very friendly atmosphere.
As part if the offer we had a glass of prosecco to start with followed by a chicken pâté served with warm toasted brioche - a pleasant change from overdone toast!
I had the lamb and my wife had pork - both cooked to perfection and plentiful. The accompanying veg was also well prepared and cooked.
We managed to share a sweet and had the fruit crumble pie - this was again a very generous serving but not at all "heavy".
A very pleasant and enjoyable experience and one we shall repeat if offers come up again.
A bit of a surprise was the "live" music supplied from 3pm onwards!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went after work on a very grey and rainy Friday tea time. Staff were lovely and there was a charming ambience. We had fish and chips from the tea time special which was lovely but in hindsight we wished we had paid extra and eaten from the main menu for a larger portion size. We will return and happy to recommend to friends.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We tried this restaurant last week. We didnt book, just turned up early evening, we had a warm welcome. We were unsure if we were going to just try a starter each, but after trying the starter which was really lovely we decided to order a main course too, which was equally lovely. We ended up staying all night. The atmosphere is really lovely, the staff friendly and attentive, food was gorgeous, with a really good wine list, all of which reasonably priced. We will definitely revisit this lovely little restuarant. Only a few miles from Chester and well worth a visit

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Service excellent, food was very very tasty, no complaints at all. We had a travel zoo voucher which I thought would impede our choices and experience but it didn't. I would certainly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My partner and I decided to try here for the first time as we live
local. On entering the establishment and being greeted by friendly staff, we were shown a table. We both thought the surrounding were very interesting, and it had a nice ambiance. Unfortunately it went a bit down hill from there. I asked for a wine menu to order drinks, the waiter replied we don't have one ! Misunderstanding I think. As my partner got one later, unfortunately after wasting money on extortion prices for glasses of wine!
Food came and it was disappointing in quality and portion size, but it looked good. Homemade hummus was nice, but my brie was over cooked and dry. Over all I wouldn't return and I wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank suzie65_11