“Disappointing !”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Gunnery Brasserie - CLOSED

The Gunnery Brasserie
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are a warm, welcoming, inviting bar and restaurant located in the scenic village of Tarvin in the heart of Cheshire. Our charming premises date back to the early 19th century and many of the original features remain, culminating in a rustic and traditional dining setting. Coupled with our enthusiastic and motivated team we hope to provide an experience not to be forgotten.
“Disappointing !”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My partner and I decided to try here for the first time as we live
local. On entering the establishment and being greeted by friendly staff, we were shown a table. We both thought the surrounding were very interesting, and it had a nice ambiance. Unfortunately it went a bit down hill from there. I asked for a wine menu to order drinks, the waiter replied we don't have one ! Misunderstanding I think. As my partner got one later, unfortunately after wasting money on extortion prices for glasses of wine!
Food came and it was disappointing in quality and portion size, but it looked good. Homemade hummus was nice, but my brie was over cooked and dry. Over all I wouldn't return and I wouldn't recommend it.

1 Thank suzie65_11

cheshire
“Yummy”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a very pleasant evening here recently. The food is exceptionally good and the service was perfect. The staff were all friendly and helpful and unobtrusive. We have booked a family meal there next week and look forward to introducing them to a new, quality venue.

Chester, United Kingdom
“It just gets better & better”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This place just gets better every time that I visit. It has become my local & regular haunt. Had dinner there last night with my partner, the place was bulging at the.seems, never the less, the staff upped the pace & kept a watchful eye on all the diners. Service was ace, food was excellent. I strongly advise all readers not to visit The Gunnery...stay away from my favorite restaurant..get back..get back ;-)

“exceptional place”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I downloaded the travelzoo voucher etc and then set the day. Didn't read any reviews and arrived at the venue. Expected a pub type place but was pleasantly surprised when my wife and I entered. .A warm welcome and we were taken to our reserved table where we seated and advised on the amazing menu. The experience continued. The food was absolutely delicious. We were not rushed and whilst the staff were attentive we were not overcrowded. Time was given between courses. The premises were very clean and tidy. the choices given were off the actual normal menu and not a specials menu. After settling the drinks account we were not pushed out, the staff still had time for a little chat even the boss had a few nice words. My opinion is put The Gunnery on the top of your MUST VISIT list and make it soon before everyone else finds out about it Ann & John Elton

• Visited July 2013
Wirral
“Couldn't fault it!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went for midweek lunch here with my wife. We've been to a number of great restaurants in West Cheshire, but we've never had better food than at the Gunnery. Neither of us could find a fault - this is a chef who REALLY knows what he is doing. Simple food, perfectly delivered. The shared fish platter starter was exceptional - and as for the puddings... wow! Nice wines, too. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013