“Yummy”

The Gunnery Brasserie
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a warm, welcoming, inviting bar and restaurant located in the scenic village of Tarvin in the heart of Cheshire. Our charming premises date back to the early 19th century and many of the original features remain, culminating in a rustic and traditional dining setting. Coupled with our enthusiastic and motivated team we hope to provide an experience not to be forgotten.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a very pleasant evening here recently. The food is exceptionally good and the service was perfect. The staff were all friendly and helpful and unobtrusive. We have booked a family meal there next week and look forward to introducing them to a new, quality venue.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This place just gets better every time that I visit. It has become my local & regular haunt. Had dinner there last night with my partner, the place was bulging at the.seems, never the less, the staff upped the pace & kept a watchful eye on all the diners. Service was ace, food was excellent. I strongly advise all readers not to visit The Gunnery...stay away from my favorite restaurant..get back..get back ;-)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I downloaded the travelzoo voucher etc and then set the day. Didn't read any reviews and arrived at the venue. Expected a pub type place but was pleasantly surprised when my wife and I entered. .A warm welcome and we were taken to our reserved table where we seated and advised on the amazing menu. The experience continued. The food was absolutely delicious. We were not rushed and whilst the staff were attentive we were not overcrowded. Time was given between courses. The premises were very clean and tidy. the choices given were off the actual normal menu and not a specials menu. After settling the drinks account we were not pushed out, the staff still had time for a little chat even the boss had a few nice words. My opinion is put The Gunnery on the top of your MUST VISIT list and make it soon before everyone else finds out about it Ann & John Elton

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went for midweek lunch here with my wife. We've been to a number of great restaurants in West Cheshire, but we've never had better food than at the Gunnery. Neither of us could find a fault - this is a chef who REALLY knows what he is doing. Simple food, perfectly delivered. The shared fish platter starter was exceptional - and as for the puddings... wow! Nice wines, too. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Macoby
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Tried out the Gunnery, a small restaurant in an historic building, which makes the most of its surroundings. The staff were terrific, attentive but not pushy, the food was exemplary, and the value was outstanding. This is a restaurant we are certainly returning to again. The intimacy of the dining room was lovely, and the ambience far exceeded expectations. Good find, one to keep as a regular haunt!!

1  Thank andy l