“Tasty food, great service”

Tamarind Fine Indian Dining
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Blofield
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Wellington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food, great service”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We discovered this restaurant when we moved locally a few months ago, read the reviews and thought we would give it ago, we were not disappointed. We eat there regularly or buy take away, The restaurant is stylish and spacious. The staff are friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The food is excellent, we always start with pompadom and have an extra main, chicken tikka to share instead of starters, but if you like a starter would recommend the prawn butterfly.
On the downside it is a very busy restaurant and sometimes you have to wait for your table, but staff really try to look after you and seat you as soon as possible.

“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We have been wanting to go to the Tamarind for a while so booked 2 weeks ahead to ensure we got a table. There have been so many positive reviews and lots of friends have said it was very good. Glad we booked as it was very busy - but it was a Friday night so it was expected. The decor of the restaurant was really sophisticated and very light. The tables were laid out really well - not close like others in the city/outskirts etc...there was a mixture of square, rectangle and circle tables- someone really thought about the layout. I really liked the fact that the wait staff used iPads - this just shows that this restaurant and management are definitely keeping up with the times and are very modern thinking! Yes there was a wait between first and main courses but I like that as it gives you time to settle your food and it shows you are not being rushed out! The food was really good - just the right portions per person. They have a really good dessert menu for an Indian restaurant too! Lots of selection on beers, wines, spirits, champagne etc...as our evening was ending the manager came over to speak to us. This was a really nice touch. As he realised this was our first time he wanted to explain why there was a wait for our food, which I wasn't bothered about, but out of courtesy he wanted to explain. We were offered a round of free drinks to end our meal - what a nice gesture! We will definitely be back. Try it once at least it is definitely worth it and also it's very good value for money!

Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Looking forward to going back! ”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited Tamarind on an incredibly busy Friday night. (Bank hol weekend) We were in the 8pm sitting and had a little wait until there were tables free from the 6pm sitting. Didn't bother us, as we were in no rush but I don't think I would have liked to have been at the earlier sitting and feeling like I was being rushed to clear my table.
Once seated the service and food were fantastic. I had a lamb shank dish which was one of the best curries I've had at a restaurant. The menu was excellent and had far more than the usual options on an Indian menu. Lots of new and different things to try. I can't wait to go back.

NW England
“Outstanding Service and Ambience”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

A great restaurant to visit for a good meal with outstanding service and pleasant surroundings. Our main courses were excellent and there were some refreshingly different choices to many Indian restaurants. The starters were average and not as good as the mains but still very edible.

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Outstanding in every respect”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

It isn't very often we get a child free night so decided to go to the Tamarind for a treat. What can I say other than exceptional food and exceptional service. Had such a lovely evening. Thank you.