Potipot Gateway Resort
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach fronttable tenniswhite sandrelaxing placemotor boatswimming poolpancitshrimpbeachfront villaala cartesoap and shampookeep coming backbring your ownfamily and friendsenjoyed every momentdining area istrees and plants
Reviewed August 12, 2012

we went for our 2nd honeymoon.

in any resort, my foremost consideration is service.
i can check location, amenities, and prices ahead of time, but can only hope for good service. here they go out of their way to pamper you. and pampered we were. the owners frequent the resort, which adds assurance of care and attention.

- there's always someone ready to assist.
- we had free breakfasts with the owners.
- the staff gamely (and professionally!) join in for evening videoke.
- very cold beer is always available, and they chill your wine for you. we put our "baon" drinks in the dining room ref.
- boat and lounging chairs at our disposal for the (potipot) island trip (5 minutes away by speedboat) to watch the sunset.
- early morning trip to a literally 20 sqm mound in the middle of the sea (different from potipot island), about 30 mins away from the resort by speedboat. and we helped catch sumptuous fish and squid, which we bought with our boatman's money since we didn't bring any that early morning.
- "our catch" cooked to our liking, which we shared with the staff since there was so much of it. crisp fried fish for breakfast, ginulayan na isda for lunch, adobong pusit for dinner and pulutan.
- we loved the aromatic semi-sticky fresh and "un-stored" rice so much that the cook went to buy half a sack for us to take back with us.
- when we craved for an icecream flavor they didn't have, someone readily offered to go to the "bayan" and buy for us.
- curious about their new rooms which were vacated the next day, we got a free upgrade!
- a youngster cleaned our car the morning before we left.
- and just ask for discounts. they will give you.

sadly, their pingpong ball was soft. and we missed their newly constructed swimming pools (i just saw them in the resort's facebook page).

still, we loved it so much that we cancelled our trip to Baguio so we could extend our stay.
cheers!

Room Tip: ask for the 2nd floor rooms in the new house, overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank d g
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Potipot Gateway offers cozy homey accommodations with friendly and attentive staff. Their beach is clean with gray sands, but right across,5 min by speed boat is Potipot Island, with gorgeous beach, perfect for picnics and swimming. The resort offers delicious Filipino food at their restaurant. There are many activities to keep one occupied in their compound. One of my favourites is lying in the hammock.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Phatale
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

All the staffs were really friendly and accomodating. Even the owner of the resort is very nice :) although its a serious long drive from manila (5-6hrs) it was all worth it. we got the package from a website at a discounted price so its very cheap. The food is sooo good and reasonable.(out voucher includes full board meals)

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank apples031187
Reviewed April 14, 2012

A place and a destination that we'll always consider as our vacation destination!!! My wife and my kids had a really great time in this resort. I knew it was going to be a long drive and I wasn’t even sure about the place but since I like surprising my family especially my wife, I was betting with my gut feeling about the place. Of course I also considered how accommodating they were with my questions and suggestions they’ve given me. What got my attention was when they told me that the website shows what the resort really is and it was “experience” they were offering and not the place mainly or what they have. Everything exceeded my expectation and we just can’t stop talking about the vacation we had in Potipot Gateway Resort! The resort was beautiful with no doubt and Potipot Island was amazing! Above all, it was experiencing and the feeling that this place gave us which we’ll always look forward on having when we’re together especially on a vacation! A place to also recommend!!! Congratulations Potipot Gateway Resort! Keep it up and we’ll see you soon again! Sooner than we both expect! Thank you for giving me and my family a superb vacation!

Room Tip: Let them know what you want
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank JMTraveller0001
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My bf and I had a great time in this place. We were lucky enough to be the only visitors there because we went on weekdays.

Tips: They can deliver your food to the island so check that out
Bring your snorkeling gear. You can go snorkeling just a few feet from the beach (at the island)
Get room D1 to get your own washroom
Parking is in a white gate area, next to the resort.
When you see the SAVORS sign on the right from Subic to this place, then you can turn left.
Resort is BEFORE Dawal.
Wine is expensive, bring your own :)

More details at

Room Tip: Get D1!!! It has its own bathroom :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple