“First class fish”
Review of Limestone

Limestone
Reserve with OpenTable
Limestone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant at Limestone reflects a traditional country house. But combined with a fusion of bright, modern colours makes this a unique dining experience, enhanced by spectacular views over this quintessential part of the English countryside. Our restaurant provides an elegant yet informal setting for morning coffee, afternoon tea and dinner. Accommodating up to 26 people the restaurant can also be hired for private functions. Included in your room rate, you will be able to enjoy a traditional English breakfast as well as a few house breakfast specialties Our chef has prepared an exquisite "A La Carte" menu, offering the freshest seafood caught the same morning from the cove. Limestone's Restaurant also offers a large selection of daily specials according to the season and availability of local produce. We also offer a vegetarian menu, but would appriciate notice prior to arrival.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently shared a dinner at this charming restaurant. Without doubt this is a restaurant and chef on the ascent. The scallops were cooked perfectly and surprised us as normally this dish is overcooked and rubbery. Butternut soup was delicious. The sole fish was cooked in an unusual caper and tarragon sauce and again was absolutely fresh and perfectly prepared. Simple attention to detail such as the bread and salt free fresh French butter was appreciated by this Diner. Good table service and a pleasant pre-dinner atmosphere made this the best meal on our trip to the UK.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

A wonderful restaurant with brilliant service and excellent food. Would highly recommend a visit. I had the pork fillet and it was prepared to perfection. My husband and daughter had the mushroom tagliatelle which they both said was delicious. The setting and decor was lovely and the staff were very attentive and friendly

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I went for two nights with my family in July 2014 and was very impressed with the overall service-absolutely perfect except for the parking which is a little pesky but definitely should not put you off coming to this lovely hotel.

We stayed in the seaside room, good size and had nice comfy beds and tea and coffee and biscuits in the room. The hotel restaurant served delicious meat and fish dishes. The staff were very helpful and gave us directions to local attractions and beaches.

A perfect retreat only a 3 and a half hour drive from London-I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I ate here for my birthday in May with my family during a long weekend in Lulworth and it was a fantastic experience. The food was absolutely delicious and the small dining room with minimal tables nicely spaced apart made for a really intimate setting that felt more special than your average meal out.

At the end of the meal the chef came round all of the tables which I thought was a really nice touch and a great end to the experience.

Would highly recommend this restaurant and am looking forward to going back next year.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a lovely restaurant on the outskirts of West Lulworth, with fantastic views from the terrace over the rolling hills towards the sea. The staff here are attentive and friendly, combining excellent service within a relaxed atmosphere. The food was not only delicious but,in comparison with some other restaurants in and around Lulworth Cove, reasonably priced. There was a good variety of starters for between 5 & 7 pounds, while the main courses were about 14/15 pounds. The lamb cutlets were tender and full of flavour, while the parsnip mash provided a tasty contrast to the well-flavoured herby sauce. The dishes were accompanied by a tasty selection of vegetables - the chef kindly passed on his recipe for butternut squash, but I wished I could just marry him! The portions were just right, so we had room for dessert (the lemon meringue roulade was a delight, too). Strongly recommended.