Had trouble booking with the Internet web site, but got sorted the next day. Sunday & Monday nights sorted and all we need is reasonable weather. The poor TA reviews were all for before the refurb.
A good welcome even though it was very busy with Sunday lunches. Rooms sorted, table booked for supper, bags in rooms and off out to look at the cove & the door.
The Inn has had a massive refurb earlier this year and it is now very good. The rooms are manic shabby chic - someone should have known when to stop, hardly room to swing a cat but full marks for effort. It's modern, clean and quality. Everywhere is well detailed, has high quality appointments, is kept clean & shining and the staff are GREAT!
We had a good afternoon walking the cove & door and had a relaxing drink on the first floor terrace - a well chilled Prosecco. Then downstairs for supper in the busy restaurant. So busy that several items were off the menu - shame. However the sirloin steaks were very good, the Parmesan chicken went down well, so did the salmon skewers. The wine by the glass was good but I found the Badger beer too cold from the cask - no old fashioned barrels - shame.
Breakfast was excellent - good choice, well cooked, lots of fruit, OK coffee and some French pastries. Very good.
Another day in lovely Dorset. Corfe Castle is a ruin and pricey to get in, Studland is lovely and deserted, but Swanage was a disappointment.
Day two supper was very good - the pair of pies were smashing and everyone was happy with their grub. And off to bed.
The second breakfast was just as good, variety and quality food.
Checkout was easy and the billing system is very efficient and accurate. We were sad to leave, we had a smashing time and the Lulworth Cove Inn was an excellent base for a break.
There were some small problems, but the staff were helpful and pleasant so everything got sorted.
We were very impressed and we aim to return for another break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the doorstep of Lulworth Cove, boasting stunning coastal views and scenic Jurassic footpaths, the Lulworth Cove Inn is an idyllic location for paradise seekers. Offering award winning Badger cask ales, lagers from around the world and a menu full of fresh, unpretentious, seasonal dishes cooked by our team of talented chefs, using quality ingredients from our regional food partners.Our hospitable teams aim to make your day, whether it be a slight change to your meal, making a celebration extra special or simply providing you with a newspaper to read whilst sipping a refreshing drink in our garden or balcony.We take real pleasure in making your visit memorable and your retreat unforgettable. Lulworth Cove Inn offers 16 En-Suite rooms with WiFi access and stunning sea views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lulworth Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lulworth Cove Hotel West Lulworth
- Lulworth Cove Inn West Lulworth, Dorset