“Fabulous boutique hotel, food and service excellent.”
Review of Limestone Hotel

Limestone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Lulworth
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at Limestone hotel weekend of 30 March 2014. It was impressive on all levels, the rooms were individually decorated ( I sneaked a look at a couple of other rooms!) the furniture, fittings, bed linen were good quality,in good condition, spotlessly clean and well presented. Beautiful cotton fresh, crisp sheets and fat, fluffy, white bathroom towels. We also ate there both nights, the food was excellent, fresh local fish, beautifully cooked and presented.
Daria and Edward, proprietors(so young!! in their 20's I guess) , clearly know their stuff and I am sure they will have a very succesful business on their hands for as long as they can stand it! They are going to be VERY busy with repeat business I am certain. Book early..... eat at Limestone and walk over to Durdle Door if you have the energy!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room at Limestone. We had the Boathouse which looked out over the garden, it was...
1  Thank Gina T
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Limestone Hotel & Restaurant.

When comparing all the bed linen and towels, after much consideration we decided to go for a very high range. I am extremely pleased to read that you have noticed and really appreciated the quality.

It is always very rewarding to read positive comments regarding the food at Limestone. Our chefs work extremely hard to ensure every item is cooked and presented as carefully as possible. It is a very difficult challenge for them as each person has different expectations and different taste.

Once again, I am so pleased to read your feedback and it was a pleasure having you to stay at Limestone.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Edward

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed at the Limestone Hotel for one night in March with my boyfriend and it was a fabulous experience - the staff are lovely and welcoming, the bar area is cosy, the food is absolutely delicious. The whole place is decorated to such a high level with some real personal touches. We stayed in the Stable as it was the only room left - at first we were dubious as it was described as a smaller room with a sloped roof, but it was delightful! My 6ft boyfriend was still able to pretty much stand up under the sloped roof, so it's not really that low. The skylights we had no problems with and it was lovely to be able to look out at the stars. Very clean, very comfy beds. The shower was a bit hot & cold, but nothing unbearable. Overall it was the best b&b we've ever been to!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and kind comments about Limestone Hotel.

I am so pleased to read your comments and it is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the stable room. It is a small room with sloping ceiling's but I am pleased you are able to appreciate we have done our best with the limited space.

It is also always rewarding to hear such comments regarding the our team here at Limestone. Please rest assured I will share your review at our next in-house meeting.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We came for a long weekend and was not disappointed, friendly staff, lovely accommodation and excellent food too. The steep path maybe difficult for some people, but the views well make up for that. Very peaceful too.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear reviewer, (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you by name).

Firstly, it was a real pleasure accommodating you and your friends for a long weekend.

I am very pleased you all enjoyed your well deserved break and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you for your kind comments about our little hotel and glowing recommendation.

Edward

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Comfortable and clean room and the hotel is easy walking distance of the cove and other footpaths to Durdle door, but the highlight is the restuarant, wonderful local scallops and fish beautifully cooked. We only stayed one night but will definitely return.

Room Tip: We were in Lookout, which is not large, but does have a beautiful view from the front of the hotel...
Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your 5 star review!

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Limestone. I have passed your comments onto our chefs Chris & Alain who were both very happy to hear your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I took my fiancée on a surprise trip and it did not disappoint! The staff were incredibly helpful and nothing was too much for them, best customer service we've experienced for a long time. The location of the hotel is perfect - close enough to be a few minutes' walk away from Lulworth Cove, but far enough away so that it wasn't too busy with other tourists. There was a wide range of food available in the evenings, and the fresh fish caught locally was a particular highlight. We liked the honesty bar in the front of the hotel, a great touch and it felt very welcoming. We stayed in the Stable room and we experienced a couple of issues in the room - firstly, the windows were skylights so we couldn't open them without rain entering the room. The room was hot and we needed to open the windows to allow cooler air in. Also we were disturbed by the noise of the boiler in the morning. However when we pointed this out, Robbie (the duty manager) helped us out very promptly and offered us another room, which solved both of these problems for us. Therefore if you were to book a room at this hotel, try to avoid the Stable. The only other issue we noticed was that the shower ran a bit hot and cold, but this didn't affect us.

All in all, we enjoyed the hotel, the food, and partaking in all the activities offered in the local area.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the Stable room as it only has skylights, so if it's raining you can't open the...
1  Thank Muse_lovers
EJW2901, Owner at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on trip advisor.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend here at Limestone. Your comments are really appreciated and are rewarding for all the team to read.

I am also very pleased to hear you enjoyed the food at Limestone. We are lucky to be situated in a location with such fantastic fresh seafood.

In regards to the issues you mentioned with the Stable bedroom. Your points are very valid and I can only apologies. However, I am so pleased to hear there was another room available, it was dealt with professionally and it did not impact your weekend stay.

The Stable room is very quirky, and yes it does only have sky light windows which can prove a problem if it is raining. Some people really enjoy the stable other people do not get on with it so well. I think it is down to personal opinion. We have done our very best with the given space and odd layout of the room, I think you booked a standard room via the internet. If is sold via telephone we always try to give the most accurate description.

Once again, thank you for your lovely review and kind words.

We hope to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great little hotel with a very professional and polite crew of enthusiastic staff. Very comfortable beds, good pressure in showers. In short all you need for a short break. The star of this hotel is the food. Will definitely visit again next time I am in the Dorset area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelling-lyte

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for your wonderful brief description of Limestone Hotel & Restaurant.

Your review is very accurate and exactly what we aim to deliver.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we hope to welcome you back to Limestone in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of days at the Limestone Hotel. We were in the Boathouse room with lovely views ver the garden at the side of the hotel and to the hills beyond. Sunsets were lovely from there. The room was just about to be redecorated but our only possible issue was that the bedside lights were not bright enough to read by. Meanwhile the breakfasts and dinners we had were top quality and the staff were all delightful.

Highly recommended. One thing to note - it's a steep climb up from the carpark but the views are worth it when you get to the terrace at thr front of the hotel - where we can also recommend afternoon tea!

The location is very good - 5 minutes walk from Lulworth Cove but set well back from the road so traffic noise (the mopeds apart!) is never a problem.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear reviewer (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you by name)

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am very pleased to read you had a nice break.

Your informative review is extremely appreciated and allows other users to make an informed decision when looking for accommodation in the isle of Purbeck.

Once again, thank you for your 5 star review and we hope we welcome you back to Limestone in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Lulworth
#1 of 3 in Wareham
Riviera Hotel
Riviera Hotel
#20 of 22 in Weymouth

Been to Limestone Hotel? Share your experiences!