We have just returned from a most enjoyable and relaxing six night stay at the Limestone Hotel.
The hotel is absolutely delightful, situated on the eastern slopes of the valley on the approach into Lulworth Cove. It enjoys an elevated position which affords great views of the idyllic Dorset countryside across the valley to the west. It has recently been re-opened having undergone an extensive refurbishment and is now owned by a young and vibrant couple who are uncompromising in their attention to detail and dedication to providing the highest level of customer service. The staff have obviously been carefully chosen and share the owner's passion for providing excellence in service, hygiene, quality of food, friendliness and professionalism. The restaurant has an excellent reputation both in and around the village serving fresh locally sourced produce and 'catch of the day' seafood, which is always superb, however it is always advisable to book as it is open, and well supported, by non-residents. The hotel is full of character and charm with each room being very tastefully decorated to a theme. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well presented, a credit to the 'housekeeping' staff who work tirelessly to maintain the high standards reflected throughout the hotel. Overall the experience has been totally enjoyable and definitely one to be repeated, we have already booked again for a week in 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Dorset hills, this stylish country house is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Jurassic coastline.Limestone at Lulworth is a uniquely designed, characteristic hotel. The combination of traditional furnishings tastefully enhanced with a modern influence, creates an authentic English, country house feel with a touch of luxury. Combined with the relaxed, homely atmosphere makes this the perfect place for a well-deserved break.Just a short walk away from Lulworth cove and a brisk hike over the hill to Durdle door, listed by “Visit Britain” as one of the top 10 natural wonders of the UK, Limestone hotel is a perfect base to explore this quintessential part of England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Limestone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatton House Hotel West Lulworth
- Limestone Hotel West Lulworth, Dorset