Just spent a night at this lovely boutique type of hotel which has recently re-opened under new management. It has a great position set up a hill with lovely views. There is a short climb up from the carpark which might be a problem for people with limited mobility but there is a path as well as steps so a case on wheels can be pulled up without too much difficulty. The friendly young couple running it have really gone to town with the decor and furnishings and our room was excellent -we were upgraded to a suite as the hotel was not busy. The bed was really comfy with crisp white sheets and good quality pillows. There is a cosy small bar with an open fire. The evening meal was excellent, fresh fish is sourced daily from the local harbour. We wish we could have stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Dorset hills, this stylish country house is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Jurassic coastline.Limestone at Lulworth is a uniquely designed, characteristic hotel. The combination of traditional furnishings tastefully enhanced with a modern influence, creates an authentic English, country house feel with a touch of luxury. Combined with the relaxed, homely atmosphere makes this the perfect place for a well-deserved break.Just a short walk away from Lulworth cove and a brisk hike over the hill to Durdle door, listed by “Visit Britain” as one of the top 10 natural wonders of the UK, Limestone hotel is a perfect base to explore this quintessential part of England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Limestone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatton House Hotel West Lulworth
- Limestone Hotel West Lulworth, Dorset