“Shame about the hair”
Review of Dandelion Cafe Bistro - CLOSED

Dandelion Cafe Bistro
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Reading, United Kingdom
“Shame about the hair”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I spent a wonderful week in Lulworth Cove with family last week, we had lovely accommodation, great weather and mostly delicious food. Having been to the Lulworth Cove Inn several times, we thought that we would try the Dandelion Cafe, I opted for one of the specials which looked lovely when it came, I moved the fish off the top of the dish to the side only to find a hair embedded in the potatoes and the sauce. Another member of our party took the dish back to the counter and said that I couldn't eat it, unfortunately the response was "well the chef has short hair so it didn't come from him." I was disappointed in the lack of customer service and was astounded that there was no apology. This terrible behaviour continued whilst the rest of the group ate, needless to say,I will not return to the cafe when I go back to Lulworth Cove next year. My advice go to the Lulworth Cove Inn!!

• Visited May 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Just what the Doctor ordered!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

On a visit to Lulworth Cove on a rare gloriously sunny day and having already had a pint in the Lulworth Cove Inn ( lovely pub, uninspired menu) I really was looking for something with a little local produce about it and a nice place to sit and eat it at. The Dandelion fitted the bill perfectly. Lovely interior but better terrace looking down to the cove and good and efficient service from the guys that served us although it might have been nicer to see the outside tables cleared a little quicker which I can imagine would have made the place look a bit shabbier if it had been busy. There was only ever going to be one choice and the board had some good local seafood to choose from, but the Lobster Thermidore was always going to be mine. It wasn't busy, should have been, as the pub was doing a roaring trade, but the food arrived in decent time and I have to say the Lobster whilst being a little smaller than I imagined for £25 was perfectly cooked with a decent stab at a Thermidore sauce, a good well dressed salad and some unusually spiced fries it did eat very well indeed and the Sauvignon Blanc I had to wash it down with wasn't half bad either. Had a quick check out of the rooms as I rather fancy a bit of a longer visit and the 2 overlooking the cove look to be excellent. There is no doubt I shall be back, it was a perfect way to spend a lazy afternoon in the all too infrequent sunshine. Just one tip for the guys at Dandelion, the pub seems to trap most people before they get as far as you, might be worth a bit of marketing up at the car park, not everybody wants to eat formulaic pub grub!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank thecateringconsultan
Montefrio, Spain
“ticks all the box's”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Enjoyed eating here twice whilst staying in the Mill Hotel.

The food was exceptional in this delightful and comfortable restaurant. A varied menu of fresh local produce served on well presented plates and the taste was as good as it looked. There was also a good wine list at fair prices. The food itself was well priced for its quality.

The staff were friendly and professional. The location with its view down to Lulworth Cove made this the perfect location to celebrate our Anniversary. My wife could not have been happier with my surprise choice. I have stacked up plenty bonus brownie points thanks to this hotel and restaurant!!

1 Thank ianread
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Spot on simple eatery”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Simply cannot fault it. Simple dishes with a twist. Great value. Spectacular view and attentive swift service. No brainer. Will be back.

1 Thank Exploratorydiner
London
“Good quality, good service”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had dinner and lunch here.

Dinner was excellent. I chose the from the specials board and staff were more than happy to provide vegetarian dishes for my wife. Daughters thought the fish and chips were really good.
Good use of locally sourced seafood and very nice local cider.
A good variety of dishes and an excellent specials board.

Lunch was just as good - great sandwiches and hand cut chips with steaming mugs of hot chocolate - just right after a wet walk to Durdle Door.

1 Thank DougReid