We chose to visit Bindon Bottom, after it won its accolade as the "world's best" best B & B, for a long weekend to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. From the moment Lisa opened the front door and made us so very welcome it was apparent we had made the right choice.We stayed in the Barnes room which is the smallest one they have but it was perfectly adorned and we loved all the little extras - the torch to use in the evening as there is no street lighting in the village, delicious homemade flapjacks and Neals Yard toiletries in the bathroom.
We were amazed, and delighted to find a birthday card for Tina from Lisa and Clive on our breakfast table table on Sunday morning - thank you so much for making Tina's weekend. Clive breakfasts were perfectly cooked - we recommend the eggs benedict.
We were lucky to get a gloriously sunny weekend for our stay and with kind, attentive and knowledgeable hosts, lovely rooms, delicious breakfasts and great walking along the coast we had a wonderful weekend.
We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lisa and Clive welcome you to Bindon Bottom. This charming Victorian country house built of Purbeck and local stone is our home, nestled into the bottom of Bindon Hill in the quintessential English village of West Lulworth, Dorset. We have five guest rooms at Bindon Bottom: Four double rooms and one twin room. We feel sure you'll have a very relaxing and comfortable stay with us. Because of our perfect location and our relaxed atmosphere, many guests settle into Bindon Bottom as their base to discover the magnificent World Heritage Jurassic Coast as well as the beautiful Dorset Countryside and the Isle of Purbeck. Each guest room offers: * An extremely comfortable bed made up with Organic & Pure Cotton bed linen, luxury duvets and divine pillows * Flat screen TV, with 'Free Sat' Channels & DVD player ~ And we have a new DVD Library. * Wi Fi Internet Access * A hospitality tray brimming with Organic/Fair Trade tea & herbal teas, coffee, hot chocolate, decaf tea & coffee, filtered bottled water, fresh local milk and a jar of local biscuits & snacks. * Fluffy Fair Trade/Organic cotton towels * Luxury Fair Trade/Organic bathrobes * Eco Hair dryer * A wind-up Eco Torch to get you to the pub and back in the dark (there are no street lights in the village) * Organic luxury toiletries including hand wash, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel/bath foam & lots more... * The Official Jurassic Coast Information & Guide Books * A guest folder filled with useful information and ideas on where to eat and what to do... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bindon Bottom Bed And Breakfast
- Bindon Bottom Hotel West Lulworth
- Bindon Bottom B&B West Lulworth, Dorset