We decided to return to Lulworth Cove for our anniversary and where else would we stay but with Lisa & Clive at Bindon Bottom.
It was genuinely nice to see Lisa & Clive again and they showed us around all of the improvements they’ve made since our last visit. Lisa settled us into the Keats Room this time and it was so beautifully put together… everything you need plus all of the little extras that Lisa does so generously.
It was a bitterly cold couple of days we stayed but we were so cosy and warm, snuggled under the soft organic bedding and plump puffed up pillows.
A couple of things had improved in Lulworth since our last visit and Lisa updated us on the full facelift at The Lulworth Cove Inn and also the new ownership and again a full facelift of The Limestone Hotel... both only 5 minutes walk from Bindon Bottom. We took Lisa’s advice and ate at both. Lisa has torches in the rooms too, as there’s no street lighting in Lulworth, just one of the many thoughtful touches.
After a very restful nights sleep we were excited to experience Clive’s awesome Full English Breakfast again… we’d been talking about it all week leading up to our visit. Well, it didn’t disappoint! Clive, your poached eggs are the best we’ve ever had!
Lisa helped us plan our days out and told us of extra little stop offs for amazing views and the best Cream Teas. Lisa says “You haven’t fully experienced Dorset unless you go home ½ stone heavier than when you arrived.” She’s almost right, the food in this county has impressed us again.
Thank you Lisa & Clive for making our anniversary a very special one.
We’ll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lisa and Clive welcome you to Bindon Bottom. This charming Victorian country house built of Purbeck and local stone is our home, nestled into the bottom of Bindon Hill in the quintessential English village of West Lulworth, Dorset. We have five guest rooms at Bindon Bottom: Four double rooms and one twin room. We feel sure you'll have a very relaxing and comfortable stay with us. Because of our perfect location and our relaxed atmosphere, many guests settle into Bindon Bottom as their base to discover the magnificent World Heritage Jurassic Coast as well as the beautiful Dorset Countryside and the Isle of Purbeck. Each guest room offers: * An extremely comfortable bed made up with Organic & Pure Cotton bed linen, luxury duvets and divine pillows * Flat screen TV, with 'Free Sat' Channels & DVD player ~ And we have a new DVD Library. * Wi Fi Internet Access * A hospitality tray brimming with Organic/Fair Trade tea & herbal teas, coffee, hot chocolate, decaf tea & coffee, filtered bottled water, fresh local milk and a jar of local biscuits & snacks. * Fluffy Fair Trade/Organic cotton towels * Luxury Fair Trade/Organic bathrobes * Eco Hair dryer * A wind-up Eco Torch to get you to the pub and back in the dark (there are no street lights in the village) * Organic luxury toiletries including hand wash, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel/bath foam & lots more... * The Official Jurassic Coast Information & Guide Books * A guest folder filled with useful information and ideas on where to eat and what to do... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bindon Bottom Hotel West Lulworth
- Bindon Bottom Bed And Breakfast
- Bindon Bottom B&B West Lulworth, Dorset