“Still good 2nd time round”

Lulworth Cove Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lulworth Cove Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit. Nice fish and chips and soup was actually pretty good which surprised me ! The bread board was delicious, staff were polite and courteous - will be returning. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Lulworth Cove Inn Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

I would say that the decor and building itself is excellent. Just what let this place down for me was the service. We ordered two cups of tea which took an age to arrive. We had to watch others getting served before us who had arrived sometime after us. When the tea eventually did arrive after some prompting, the waiter offered no apology and just scurried off looking somewhat embarrassed. All for £4 which I think is steep for two cups of tea! We were planning on staying for lunch but decided to go elsewhere. Overall, a disappointing experience which is a shame considering how nice the pub is and it's favourable location.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

A lovely pub with a nice atmosphere. Staff were brilliant, very welcoming and attentive. They even gave our dogs free treats! Food was very good but could do with more vegetarian choices. Food and drinks were reasonably priced. Would recommend but worth booking first as very popular (we were lucky to get the last table whilst many people afterwards were turned away and it was only a Thursday night!).

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely meal at this restaurant at a very reasonable price. They were very busy and our drinks took a long time to arrive and my husband's peas were missing when his meal arrived. The staff were obviously very busy and courteous about mistakes. They did not spoil our enjoyment. Need to book.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went for a mid afternoon main meal and were pleasantly surprised with menu choice and surroundings. Disappointed by being surrounded by 5 dogs sat under various tables as find that disconcerting with having small child with us and to do with our pet allergies. We stayed as a couple of dogs and owners left who were sat on next table. We ordered our meal which was pricey at nearly £60. I looked at receipt and noticed the burger I ordered said Classic when ordered Gourmet. I went back to bar and was assured that a Gourmet was what we would be receiving. The starter arrived which was half pint of prawns, by the time you had shelled them they were tiny ! Then a side order arrived as starter ! We were then left waiting when finished the starter over half and hour by which time we had finished our drinks. The food arrived and guess what it wasn't a gourmet burger although again the server said it was, but it had non of the ingredients described on the Specials Board. I did not receive my side salad my son's chicken was supposed to be grilled but it could not have been as so dry it was inedible and was white in colour. There seemed to be a change of shift with no staff attending to us, or checking whether we enjoyed the meal. We left feeling disappointed not even having the child's ice cream included the whole experience was an expensive anti climax.