I got back yesterday after a two night walking holiday.
The location is perfect. There are some really nice restaurants and bars nearby all within walking distance. I ate at:
The Limestone - Friendly French cuisine, Nice food. A little bit pricey but worth it. Good service.
The Cove inn - Informal dining serving nice food. My personal favourite
Weld Arms (two miles from The Old Barn) - Informal dining. Nice cosy pub near Lulworth Castle.
The Castle inn - Pub grub. Lots of real ale and ciders. Very informal. Dog friendly. A bit rough around the edges.
Some fantastic coastal walks a re within easy access (fossil forest, Durdle door etc).
I stayed in the family room with my wife and 14 year old daughter. This is small but very adequate.This is split in a a small double with a fridge. another room with two singles. A bathroom with shower. Both rooms had tea making facilities. Both were spotlessly clean. Both had small flat screen tvs. I felt more like a small apartment than a family run b and b.
The owners put on a top breakfast. They were friendly and greeted us one particularly rainy afternoon by collecting our rain drenched coats to dry to be returned in the morning fully aired.
I loved it and will retrun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four star family run B&B with Silver Award and Breakfast Award, set in beautiful Lulworth Cove area. Restaurants and pubs both in the village and at the cove which are a short walk away [approx 5 minutes]. Guests are encouraged to use our quiet gardens to relax in,or to access the coastal walks. All the beaches are a short distance away, with Lulworth Cove only 8 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Old Barn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Barn Hotel West Lulworth
- The Old Barn West Lulworth, Dorset