“Got potential but isn't worth it.”
Review of Who'd A Thought It

Who'd A Thought It
Ranked #1 of 1 Grafty Green B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed in the Bollinger suite. The room wasn't clean and I had to rinse the bath before using it, there was damp mold on the walls, no face cloths, no clock, sky box but no sky or all of the digi channels, bad view of mobile home and used fireworks, the grass outside the room was littered with cigarette butts, slow staff in restaurant and staff that were not too fussed that we were unhappy. I would recommend this place or visit it again. This is for a room that costs £180 a night.

• Stayed: March 2013
9  Thank aimee_c21
whodathoughit, Manager at Who'd A Thought It, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Aimee: I am so sorry to learn you were not happy with your stay with us. Your feedback allows us to address issues and ensure complete satisfaction for all our guests. I do hope you have not been put off from visiting us and would very much like to extend a very warm welcome to you again. Kind regards.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband booked it as a surprise for my birthday and it is the first break we've had in over a year without the kids. Had a courtesy call in the morning to ask what time we'd arrive in the afternoon. This I was impressed by and we said we'd be there by 4pm.
We arrived 15 mins early & told our room wasn't ready but they gave us a drink on the house while we waited (nice touch but now I realise why). The room had been painted that day & they were tidying up after the decorators. We were shown to our room which was the most expensive suite & the paint fumes were terrible. Why they had decided to paint it the day they had people staying? Room freezing (obviously been trying to air the paint smell out), tv was blaring & it was just So unromantic. Hot tub was filthy with bits at the bottom!.

After an hour of trying to get the heating on & none of the radiators working we phoned the reception they brought over a plug in heater. So now have paint fumes and smell of burning dust from the plug-in heater. Enough is enough!! after half an hour we asked to be moved to another room. This was much nicer and it was warm.
We had dinner there that evening and although it took two hours for the food to arrive it was very good & tasty. The manager did apologise & said he would give us money off our food to compensate and a half price room next time we stayed. I said to him we wouldn't EVER stay again it had taken my husband months to save for £180 room.

Breakfast the next day was scrappy bits thrown together and we were only allowed one thing from the menu. No cereal and only one cup of tea or juice (very tight considering how much it cost to stay there). Feel very cheated & apart from the evening meal it was a very overpriced with little luxury.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
18  Thank Alice B

Alice: Thank you for your review and I offer sincere apologies that you experienced problems and that your stay was not to our usual standards. Your issues are most unprecedented and I have taken steps to ensure this never happens again. My best regards to you

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Tucked away in the Kentish countyside, this very charming 16th century inn with well designed interior/s and excellent staff. You are welcomed with a truly stunning aroma of fresh lilys and a warm welcome. The range of champagnes,wines and ales ....worth a visit on it's own. I took my partner there for a birthday, my sister and husband joined us for dinner, the food was fantastic, mouth watering and delicious. we chose the Pommery room, he was overwhelmed the room ex ceeded all my expectations.The standard of cleanliness is first class, thank you Joe and all the staff a truly magical experience, we will book again.
Julie Parker, Bredgar,Kent.

Room Tip: I reccomend the Pommery (Gentlemans Club) Room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend booked to stay in the Bollinger Suite on Thursday 21st Febuary as a late Valentine's treat to myself! On arriving at Who'd a thought it we were greeted by friendly faces telling us our room was being painted therefore we were being upgraded for no extras to the Verve Clique Champagne and Shoes Room. Joe was very helpful showing us around our upgraded room and I have to say it was one of the best hotels rooms I've ever stayed in. The hot tub was defiantely one of the best features but overall the room was amazing. We had dinner in the restaurant which was very nice, we had a selection of 3 different small plates, Prawns, Chicken Satay and Goats Cheese and for mains Slow Roasted Pork belly which was cooked really well and the next day we had the English brekfast which was very nice too! Overall an amazing night away with no faults at all. We will be looking out for offers on there facebook page to stay in the same room again as it was worth every penny and now we stayed in this one I don't think we would want to stay in the others knowing this one was so nice!

Thanks and we will definately be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Who'd A Thought It for Valentines and had the most wonderful overnight break! We arrived late afternoon and were warmly welcomed and shown to our room which was the Pommery (Gentlemans) room. Despite being chilly outside the room was lovely and warm ready for our arrival with a chilled bottle of Champagne, Chocolates, flowers and THE biggest strawberries I have ever seen waiting for us! The room was tastefully decorated in a Gentlemans club style with a gorgeous heart shaped bath in the bedroom and a super wetroom/bathroom with his and hers sinks. We booked to have dinner in the Restaurant in the evening and from start to finish the service was perfect: attentive but not obtrusive. The food was just simply amazing, we have been lucky enough in the past to eat in some amazing places round the world and I can say hand on heart the Who'd A Thought It is up there at the top! My husband had Beef Wellington which was a generous sized Beef Fillet that cut like butter, I had a seafood Linguine which had huge King Prawns, mussels and Squid that were gorgeous. If like me you love high standards but delivered in an un-pretentious warm friendly manner then this is the place for you! We has breakfast the next day served in the charming bar area which again was fabulous - all local produce and cooked to perfection. We will be back and can't wait to try all the gorgeous Boutique style rooms - thank you!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner saved for 2 months so we could treat ourselves, for the price we were expecting luxurious but instead we cold a room that smelt damp, was dusty, had cobwebs on the windows inside and was generally disappointed. The food in the other hand was amazing! Stayed in the Perrier Jouliet suite

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in the Gentlemens Suite, the room was lovely, very warm even as serious snow fell around outside. The bath, the walk in shower and the facilities were all excellent and well thought through.
The food was as good as you get for that sort of price, truly delicious, perfect portion size and extremely well cooked and presented - cannot fault it.
The staff were excellent, the owner, Joe, even bought us a drink in the bar after the meal as we chatted with some locals for an hour or so. All a very perfect evening.
I am not sure about the pole and the table in the main suite but the rest look fabulous. I simply dont see some of these reviews but each to thier own.

Room Tip: i can recommend the Pommery suite, the decor is masculine but my girlfriend also loved it as it was...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees

Been to Who'd A Thought It? Share your experiences!