“Cosy cafe atmosphere with good home cooked food”
Review of Toucan Cafe Bistro

Toucan Cafe Bistro
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Bampton
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome awaits you at the Toucan, a cosy Cafe with a true sense of tradition. We work hard to offer a selection of homemade food and snacks, incorporating local produce where we can so that you get a true flavour of our beautiful surrounding countryside.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cosy cafe atmosphere with good home cooked food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Visited the Toucan on a friend's recommendation. There was a varied menu and good selection on the specials' board. My husband chose the Devon Ham and Cheese Ploughman's which he thoroughly enjoyed. I don't think I've seen such a fresh looking salad. Nice to see the Toucan sources locally. I had a scone with cream and jam which is the best I have tried since being in Devon. Very enjoyable!

• Visited July 2013

Scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A surprise find but an excellent one - you must give The Toucan Bistro a visit”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I support all that has been said in jenjohnk & DW5 16A in their reviews but I would like to add that in my case they pulled out all the stops to ensure that I could have a diabetic friendly meal. The meal of Roast Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Cabbage & Petit Pois without butter - was fabulous and a testament to how healthy food produced in lovely surroundings and served by staff whose excellent care and attention should be the norm rather than a rare event for all.
Easily accessed with limited mobility but no disabled toilet due to building constraints - we were directed to the public disabled toilets nearby.
Thanks again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Buddyrals
Devon, England
“THE place to have lunch in Bampton”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have visited this cafe/bistro a number of time over the years and it never fails to impress. The food is imaginative, delicious and excellent value for money. I particularly enjoy lunch there but morning coffee or afternoon tea are wonderful too. Most importantly the service is excellent, friendly and efficient. Don't expect the food to arrive in seconds, this is NOT a fast food emporium but to me it proves that things are being prepared and cooked to order. Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
Devon, United Kingdom
“A must visit if in the area”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was recommended to this wonderful place by a friend who lives near by and who insisted I visit. It was a real treat, great food, great service, good choice and value. As a result of taking morning coffee and cake I re visited on another day for lunch. Home cooked, on the premises and using all local produce. If in the area you must visit. I return when ever in the area.

• Visited January 2013
Tiverton
“Perfect lunch”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We live near to the Toucan, and decided to book for their Mothering Sunday lunch, a party of 4 with differing dietary requirements, and we were all made to feel very welcome and very well catered for. The food was excellent, and the service always with a smile. Thoroughly recomended.

• Visited March 2013