“Christmas Cheer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Butte
Waterton River Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Twin Butte B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

What a cozy way to visit family while staying at the Waterton Suites! Fireplace aglow, serene landscape, immaculate cabin. There IS no comparison to staying in town at a motel- a delightful family friendly alternative-

Personal touches like homemade jam, plugging our vehicle in for us, and seeing us off meant that we will return!

Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I booked a reservation at this place. But because I had just got back from another trip and had a lot on my mind, accidentally chose the same days, but a month earlier than I intended to travel. I didn't notice I'd booked the wrong nights until they called me on the night of my original reservation asking when I'd arrive. When I explained the mistake and apologized profusely, they were horribly inflexible in trying to fix the situation. I offered to pay for the first night. They refused to acknowledge the offer and instead offered me a free night on a future stay (as if I'd ever stay there again!) Despite my desperate pleas, they charged my credit card anyway for both nights -a price of over $350! In order to pay the debt, I had to cancel my gift to my father -a once-in-a lifetime road trip celebrating his retirement. While I acknowledge that I should've checked the travel dates more carefully, I expected a small business such as this to understand my plight and be more accommodating to the situation.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
WRS80, Owner at Waterton River Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

On May 19, we confirmed Adam for the nights of May 23 & 24. The following day, we were happy to accommodate and confirm his requested change to May 24 & 25, at no charge to himself. Both confirmations clearly set out, in writing, the dates and our cancellation policy. When we contacted Adam at 10 pm on May 24 to determine his arrival time, we were informed that he would not be honouring his reservation. When reminded of the cancellation policy, his demeanour became aggressive. After previously declining other requests for May 24 & 25, we felt it was appropriate to charge Adam, especially in light of his warnings that “for your sake, I encourage you to rescind the charge”.

Hard to believe that Adam had so much on his mind that he was able to book and rebook the wrong dates two times and that, despite two written confirmations with clearly stated cancellation terms, he felt that we should bear the cost of his mistakes.

Just to be clear about Adam’s other misrepresentations: He did not “travel with family,” he did not show up despite having two opportunities to book the right dates. Second, his “desperate pleas” were actually muted threats. Apparently, Adam has a history of aggressive and threatening behaviour, this according to his hosts in Denmark, where he managed to cause quite a disturbance. Please refer to his previous Tripadvisor comments: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g189541-d2153100-r162589601-Generator_Copenhagen-Copenhagen_Zealand.html#REVIEWS

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Hosts Terri & Mike have built a wonderful haven on this grand piece of land with it's fabulous panoramic view that includes blue sky, snowy mountains, vast rolling hills of wild grasses, flowers and berries, a winding river with steep cliffs and not a neighbour in sight! (just the wildlife)

The well-equipped cabins are spotless and tastefully decorated. Every window provided a different view of this peaceful place. The hot tub is perfectly suited to the surroundings.
The delicious breakfasts were delivered every evening so one could eat them at their leisure the next morning.

Hope to get back there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Four wonderful nights at the Waterton River Suites in early September, 2013! We enjoyed the very warm and gracious hospitality from hosts Terri and Mike, scrumptious breakfasts delivered each evening to our cabin suite, and country surroundings certain to guarantee relaxation and rest. Each meal was homemade -- croissants, muffins, parfaits, stratas, and more! The wood-fired hot tub under the rising moon and stars is something no text description can capture. And after a day of strenuous hiking in Waterton National Park, returning to our "retreat" at the suites was like a homecoming to a sanctuary. It reminded us of coming home after school as children and being taken care of by Mom and Dad. In addition to great conversation in general, Terri and Mike are very knowledgeable of what to see, what to do, and where to go in the area and in the Park, so they were great guides for us, as well. In making a reservation, we had some apprehensions about not staying in Waterton, where "the action" supposedly is. But we are SO glad that we chose to stay at the Suites, instead. It is actually only a short drive to the Park, so we never felt that it was a trek to go there. And the quiet, rustic, country setting away from the fray was definitely the better choice. We highly recommend a stay at the Waterton River Suites.

Room Tip: We chose the sunset suite, which gives a view to the south and west, so we could enjoy a view of the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Waterton River Suites was everything we hoped for and more! The room was adorable and absolutely immaculate. The location was amazing, nestled in a valley overlooking the rockies. Couldn't be better! Terri and Mike were both very friendly and helpful. The self catered breakfast was homemade and delicious.
And of course, the wood fired hottub was the cherry on top!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at Waterton River Suites August 9th and 10th and couldn't have been happier there. The Sundown Suite was beautifully furnished, immaculately clean and extremely comfortable. Terri's breakfasts were delicious and bountiful, and receiving them the night before made it so convenient to eat on our own schedule in the morning! At first the drive from Waterton Lakes seemed a little long, but we came to love it as a peaceful transition from the busy outside world. While we didn't see any wildlife from our suite, other than the goldfinches that frequented the feeder right outside our window, we saw plenty on every drive in and out, from deer in the fields (and in the road!) to hawks on roadside fenceposts, to magpies and, on our last day, a badger who crossed the road in front of us and stayed to watch our car go by. We loved the gas fireplace in our private living room, but the ultimate relaxation was soaking in the wood-fired hot tub that Mike prepared for us, wine glasses in hand, as we watched the sun set and the stars come out one by one in the wide Alberta sky. Heaven! I'm the trip planner in the family and my husband just "comes along for the ride" so it was a real testament when he said to me, "I think this might be the nicest place we've ever stayed!"

Room Tip: One thought about which suite to prefer - the stairway that accesses both suites from the parking ar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharleneMM
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I spent the nights of August 4th and 5th at Waterton River Suites, and we hated to leave. We have used B & B's frequently since the 1980's, in all but one province in Canada, plus in other countries. This is by far our favorite. The combination of the quiet rural location with the Waterton River flowing close by, the specatular views of the mountains, cleansliness, fabulous cedar outdoor hot tub, animal sightings from your windows, privacy provided by a cabin separate from the hosts home, and really great hosts, you just can not go wrong booking this. Terry and Mike do a super job caring for this property and at the same time it is not fussy....a comfortable cabin with a landscape that is very much left in a natural setting. We hope to return to the beautiful Waterton area - and the Wateron River Suites. We will not consider staying in the town of Waterton after this experience if we are lucky enough to be able to book again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Waterton Lakes National Park
Northland Lodge
Northland Lodge
#5 of 8 in Waterton Lakes National Park

Been to Waterton River Suites? Share your experiences!