$110
  • Restaurant
$106
$87
$42
Hotel Vueltabajo(Pinar del Rio)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Cayo Levisa(Pinar del Rio Province)
$168
  • Beachfront
Hostal Yoslaidy(Santa Lucia)
TripAdvisor
6,835 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treebanana boatsunset loungewater sportscalypso catadult pooljoy's cruisehilltop poolpalms buffetjoy cruiserum barjoys cruiseschoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids club
Reviewed January 29, 2005

January 10th-17th 2005. This resort needs a serious makeover, it was by far the worst resort we have ever stayed at. We had brought 12 others with us for our wedding and we were so embarassed to have booked such an awful resort for our friends and family. Service was poor, cleanliness of the facility is disgusting. Don't be fooled by the creative marketing in the brochures and internet, this facility is filthy and rundown. I have provided some lovely pictures of the moldy sauna and steam room, rusted stains running down the walls of the buildings, rundown fitness center, worn out sunshades, the spa which is nothing more than a standard room with two massage tables, our room, a one bedroom suite, the only difference was a wicker four post bed that was breeding fungus in the wicker under the sheets, a superior room with two twin beds, that was really romantic for our parents to have. No one cared to get them another room. I was told by management as well as Sunquest that this was my opinion, please make your own, my pictures will help you out, they tell the truth. I have plenty of more pictures if you are still considering this resort. DONT DO IT. Once we were there no one would help us out, not Sunquest, or our travel agent, Goligers Travel in Windsor. I have yet had my call returned from Sunquest customer service, it is a shame that they could take $30,000.00 from us and not even respond to a complaint. Apparently a picture is worth a thousand words, but no one wants to listen. I hope you do. I wish I could erase this memory but it was our wedding. There is so much more to say about this resort with pictures to prove it, you wouldn't believe your eyes

• Stayed: January 2005
34  Thank rperron
Reviewed January 27, 2005

My boyfriend and I returned from St James's Club on 19th January having stayed there for a week and we had a fantastic time. We paid for a superior room which was well worth it. The room was very large, the bed was huge and the view was lovely. Nothing needed to be repaired, the AC worked perfectly and everything looked fairly new. It was very clean and I really couldn't fault it.

We ate at Nicole's on our second night and found it to be a little over-rated. We were going to return for our last evening but decided against it. The food in Tradewinds and Palm Grill was very good although we did feel the food was getting a bit same-y in Tradewinds towards the end of our stay. We spent most evenings in the Hideaway bar which was nice and quiet and we always walked back to our room along the beach - very romantic!

The pool was lovely and clean and there was always plenty of sunbeds.

We overheard some Brits talking about how disappointed they were with the place as they were getting married and had originally booked to go to the Maldives (I can appreciate that this resort isn't the same as the Maldives). The man was moaning about how he thought it was a 3* + and that it wasn't up to his normal 5* standard (I can't believe 5* hotels would want guests like him!). What I can say is, that the only thing that let the hotel down was guests like him!

We had a fantastic time and would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great holiday - it is a really good 4* and I wouldn't hesitate in going back.

16  Thank MillsyHinton
Reviewed January 24, 2005

I would like to clarify that St Lucia is one of the rainiest of the Caribbean Islands. We were there for a week from 7th Jan 2005 and it rained every day and every night. Not summer storms but we hardly saw any sunshine in a week. The Resort is fantastic, the food was good, the staff were very friendly.

I would not choose St Lucia as a beach holiday, the beaches are not very nice, the water is not crystal clear and there weren't many fish to see when we went snorkelling.

I would reccomend Antigua or Barbados if you are thinking of visiting the Caribbean.

The Botanical GArden and Volcano were a great tourist attraction.

The golf course was also great to play on but rather expensive.

7  Thank lu61_13
A TripAdvisor Member
London, England
Reviewed January 24, 2005

We visited in April (sorry to be posting this a little late). On the whole, I enjoyed my holiday. I'd never been to the Caribbean so was not sure what to expect.

My favourite things
----------------------
The food - even though is was a bit Cafeteria Like, I found there to be a good choice each day.

The Cocktails - these were nice and thick with plenty of Rum and fresh Banana - ask for a Malibu Express at the pool bar.

The Adult Pool - Bliss! No noise, never busy, bar just a few paces away!

My least favourite things:
----------------------------

The beach - very small with dark sand. The water just never looked clear because of the sand.

The rooms - I found the pink whicker painted furniture to be a bit tired & grubby looking. My bathroom was also a little tired as the tiles were going a bit mouldy.

The Maintainance - This place could be wonderful, it just needs a little more care & attention, a lick of paint and some new covers for the sun loungers.

Evening Entertainment - This was just bad, theres mot much more I can say....

All in all, if you go here you won't have a bad time - you'll probably really enjoy it - just don't expect anything near perfection.

Happy Holidays x

• Stayed: April 2004
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 24, 2005

We stayed at St James's club for one week in August 2004 for our honeymoon. We had the most lovely, relaxing week ever! The staff were overall very friendly (perhaps a couple of the barmen were TOO friendly). The room was quite basic but nice and it had a real caribbean atmosphere about it. I have seen nicer beaches in the Caribbean but it was relaxing and quiet and the weather was superb.
The facilities ranged from average to Outstanding. The Palm Grill and tradewinds were basic but had a variety of food. Nicole's restaurant was fantastic and well worth the small supplement we had to pay. We also had a romance dinner one night where a chef cooked for my husband and I in the wedding gazebo - the food and view was fantastic - the highlight of my holiday.
Pierre's hideaway was a great place to go and drink a few cocktails whilst watching the sun go down - simply magical. Out honeymoon was fantastic, we were so chilled out that we were in bed asleep by 11 each night. Couldn't have wished for a better hotel or more beautiful island, just wish we could have stayed for a fortnight.

7  Thank Amber F