We needed a break to recharge our batteries and this place hit the spot. OK, I would not consider it an international 4 star rating but after a while you can forgive any little annoyances and enjoy your stay.
As other reviews say the staff are fantastic and seem to be in a good mood all the time, not just with the guests but laughing and joking with each other.
We were there for 14 nights HB the food was good the staff very attentive on the couple of occasions we could not finish out meal , the portions are rather large, the head waiter was there offering to cook you anything you would like in case there was something you did not like about the food.
The pool was a nice place to be, loads of sun-beds in sun or shade and if you fancy some exercise a walk up to the monastery is a must and will take about 30 mins, the first 15mins being uphill.
For night life you could go into Kyrenia which was just over 4 ponds in a taxis or you could just sit back and enjoy the view sipping a cocktail at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent sea and forest view near the Bellapais monastery Bellapais Monastery Village is a luxury hotel which is located in a quiet position in the foothills of the Five Finger mountain range. It stands close to Bellapais Abbey and commands panoramic views of Kyrenia town, the new harbour and surrounding countryside. Kyrenia itself is approximately 3 km. away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with GoNorthCyprus, Hotel.de, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Bellapais Monastery Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel Bellapais
- Bellapais Monastery Village Kyrenia
- Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel Kyrenia