We return to BMV at end of the month. I decided to have a look at recent reports and I wonder if some of these people actually stay at the same hotel as they're reporting on! For instance reviewer travelingalotlately 23/01/13.
"old indian waiter who only will deal with you if you tip well".
Muhammed must be at least 10 years my junior and I, at 55 years of age, do not class myself as old. Also, no cash exchanges hands. All drinks, meals etc are charged to your room and settled at the end of your stay. There are however boxes in reception, the bar and the restaurant for anyone wishing to leave a tip on departure.
Reviewer DivineDarling 23/01/13.
"I didn't even have breakfast, there was no fresh fruit or decent cereals"
We stay at BMV twice a year, Mch and Oct. Every morning we have cornflakes and fresh fruit along with eggs or a cooked breakfast, juice and coffee. You can choose anything you want from the breakfast menu and this includes fresh fruit!
Various other reviewers are complaining about the number of steps. They must have read reviews prior to going, as they are obviously familiar with Tripadvisor, otherwise they wouldn't be posting a review. All my previous reports mention this fact as do those from many others.
As I stated at the beginning of this report, we return at the end of the month for another 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see if anything has changed, SO DRAMATICALLY, since we left at the end of Oct and I will do another report on my return home. Usually at this time of the year, they are re-decorating rooms (they do them a block at a time so there is minimal disruption for guests), painting the outside of the villas, the walls, public areas and generally getting things ready whilst the hotel is quieter in preparation for the busy season.
Lee and Carol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent sea and forest view near the Bellapais monastery Bellapais Monastery Village is a luxury hotel which is located in a quiet position in the foothills of the Five Finger mountain range. It stands close to Bellapais Abbey and commands panoramic views of Kyrenia town, the new harbour and surrounding countryside. Kyrenia itself is approximately 3 km. away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, GoNorthCyprus and HRS so you can book your Bellapais Monastery Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel Bellapais
- Bellapais Monastery Village Kyrenia
- Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel Kyrenia