“Peace, Romance and Tranquility”
Review of Majahuitas Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Majahuitas
Majahuitas Resort
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this resort; the first was 10 years ago. It is so incredibly remarkable that words fail me. The owners only have a 20 year lease on the property and there are only 2 years left and the resort will disappear forever. Two or three nights at this place and you will see the world differently.
Solar powered all-inclusive 8 bungalow unit resort that makes their own candles daily because the entire place is illuminated at night by candles alone. Return after dinner on the beach to your private retreat that has candles lit all over the place, including the outdoor bathroom. Open air, nature and nurture. Nothing compares.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank swankyhotels
There are newer reviews for Majahuitas Resort

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I don't know where to start. This was an experience of a lifetime for us. From the minute you get to the dock and board Majahuitas 1, you are pampered; it seems nothing is too much for the staff to do for you. I wish I could remember/knew all the names of the people there, but suffice it to say, they were ALL wonderful. Dinner on the beach surrounded by candles...are you kidding me?! The food was absolutely outstanding...every single meal. Our favorites were the lunches which were filled with such fresh and unique taste treats (octopus even!). Dinners were delicious and it was really fun getting to know the other guests. We had a great group of people when we were there the last two days. We fell in love with Luna, Sandy, Champ and Lady and enjoyed watching Kevin taking them kayaking. Critters?....yup....saw dolphins and whales and maybe a gecko or two and one tiny hermit crab. No electricity?....don't need it...the candle light and moon light are all you need after dinner. Beer is cold; drinks are good & are priced right. Beach is so clean, and the entire grounds are so well kept. Downsides...I honestly cannot think of any at all. It is the ultimate place to relax and remember what is really important to you.

Room Tip: All the casitas are different but unique. We went with two couples and stayed in Los Arcos which wa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Christine B
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Kind of sounded like an oxymoron to me! But Majahuitas Resort DEFINITELY lived up to the TripAdvisor recommendations (well except for the few who wrote such opposing views that I questioned the owner about them! Horse meat? Really?!?! Failed to mention the owner offered to help you find lodging that suited you better in Puerto Vallarta AND not charge you for your "miserable" night BUT you declined and stayed at Majahuitas! So obviously your review is misleading in the least in my opinion.) Anyway, back to MY review: My wife was afraid of "critters" and I was afraid of not liking the food. I am proud to report NOT EVEN A BUG BITE or sighting! And the food was SPECTACULAR! Plenty of options at each meal and more food that the group could eat! Wonderful service all day, beachside drink service, VERY clean accommodations, beautifully candlelit dining, paths and rooms more than compensated for the idea of "no electricity". This place is paradise on Earth! There were even two couples who came by boat from Puerto Vallarta to visit friends for the day and ended up staying the night while their luggage sat in their unused room in a high-rise beach resort in the city. Didn't think Majahuitas was "for them" and seriously regretted their decision to stay away because of no electricity. My advice? DO IT! But hurry - the owner's lease expires in a couple of years and this peaceful place will be no more...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
13  Thank Chuckwud
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Majahuitas ten years ago, and we recently returned for an anniversary trip. Sadly, the weather was unseasonably rainy, which was quite disappointing. However, the staff was wonderful, the food was fantastic, and we managed to have a relaxing time anyway. Be aware, Majahuitas isn't for everyone. Accommodations are on the rustic side and there is very little in the way of electricity (just some weak solar-powered lights). However, the candlelight is very romantic. If you don't mind a little adventure, I can't recommend this place enough. Be aware, if you want to go, you should go soon. Majahuitas will only be open for two more years (which I think is a tragedy).

Room Tip: We stayed in Chula Vista, which has a great view if you can handle a few stairs. Cliff House has an...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaF228
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Majahuitas Resort lives up to its many amazing reviews. The location is beautiful, tucked into the jungle with a view of the perfect sandy bay and ocean everywhere you look. Nights were dark and peaceful with candles everywhere to light your way. It was so nice to be away from it all and not have to worry about anything. The service is amazing! They treat you like family while being professional and considerate of all your needs. We did the hike to the waterfall and the trip to Yelapa. Both were great experiences, mostly for the fact that you get such a personal tour, you aren’t in a large group so you can see and do what you want. I also had the massage by the river which was one of the best I’ve ever had and a great value. The rest of our time was spent relaxing on the beach and in our casita, swimming, playing ping pong and other games, watching the wildlife and mostly eating! The food is great and there is lots of it! We had brought a couple snacks thinking we might be hungry between meals but didn’t even touch them. Make sure to bring bug spray, we got quite a few bites while on the beach. All the casitas appear to be open air; you are in the jungle with nature surrounding you which is all part of the experience. We had geckos on the walls, birds and critters come in during the night, all harmless and more entertaining than anything. It was really an incredible and unique experience and we plan to visit again!

Room Tip: We stayed in Chula Vista which had a great view and we enjoyed the outdoor bathroom. Each house had...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kashK83
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent three days here and absolutely loved it. Peaceful, beautiful, and romantic. The food was abundant and well prepared. The owners were very kind and the housekeeping was prompt and well timed. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. If you like privacy and are looking for a romantic getaway, this is the place.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave D
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was taken here by a good friend on a day pass for my birthday. What could be better? A beautiful, private beach with a superb snorkeling cove nearby. Beautiful tropical fish in the water and the most photo friendly tropical surroundings ever. Our group was brought ashore on a panga and welcomed by the amazing staff (thank you Julie) to our private Eden. We were given free run of the facilities. They fixed an amazing lunch of guacamole, BBQ fish, fish ceviche, chicken fajitas, butterfly shrimp, rice and beans and all of the staff came down the beach clanging pots and pans with my birthday cake. They have all the gear you need for snorkeling, boarding, kayaking. The price was very reasonable and we felt so welcomed and pampered. We are already planning a trip back and plan to spend at least one night away from all electronic interruptions. Look at their website and you will want to be there right now!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Majahuitas
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#83 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Costa Sur Resort & Spa
Costa Sur Resort & Spa
#36 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Majahuitas Resort? Share your experiences!