“I don't have the words....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Majahuitas Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Majahuitas
Majahuitas Resort
Boise, Idaho
“I don't have the words....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was the most amazing vacation I have ever had. I went with my boyfriend and we both anticipated the idea of NOT having our cell phones, computers, TV's, etc....We stayed in Casa Chula, AMAZING!! We loved our own deck and outdoor shower built into the rocks. The candles at night were so lovely. The food was delicious. The people so friendly. We are definitely going back.

Room Tip: We chose Chula based on other reviews. We saw inside several. I would also try cliff house, and Boug...
1 Thank hlperryman

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I returned saying, "That was even greater than my expectations!" Truly an amazing jewel - where you can live in complete simplicity, yet feeling like royalty. We were entertained for hours by the wildlife - mostly watching the various breeds of diving, fishing birds. A little bread and a kayak will have beautiful, tropical fish practically jumping in the kayak with you. The day trip to Yelapa was a trip to a far away place. There are no cars - the only mechanical sound we heard for a week was the sound of the small engine on the water taxis, jumping from shore to shore. The food was unbelievably delicious - we devoured every meal as we sat in the most beautiful surroundings that I have ever eaten in - each meal, served on the beach.....We can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just got back from a four night trip to Majahuitas with my fiancee. From the minute we got off the boat we knew we were in for a special time and the trip turned out amazing through and through. Many of the other review on this site spell out a lot of the particulars but suffice it to say there are is no cell reception, no tv - and although I am generally very connected it was great to just get away from it. The food was wonderful and eating on the beach was a real pleasure. We did a number of excursions during our stay. The highlight from my was the coastal fishing trip - which at $50 an hour was a real bargain given the quality of the boat and staff. When I brought back my catch of bonito and spanish mackerel the chef quickly turned it into a delicious lunch for all of the guests. The beach was beautiful and apparently we were lucky enough to arrive the day after the pirate ship stopped coming to the cove for the season.

All in all a perfect getaway and one I hope to return to soon.

Room Tip: We loved Casa Chula. However every guest seems to think their Cabana is the best in the resort
1 Thank PhilWood26
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is the best. The staff is amazing. The views are incredible. You can only get their by boat - fantastic trip. They light the path and your cabin by candles at night while you eat dinner - unbelievable. Snorkeling was great - you can take out a kayak and not far from shore we saw schools of clown and neon fish. The drinks are far better than any I've had in the U.S. - something about the fresh fruit down there. I was glad there was no internet or phone service - such a relief from checking my phone.

I can't say enough good things about the place. However, our Cabin (Chula) did not have a fourth wall, just a curtain. We kind of knew this, but it became very real once we were there. It's basically roughing it on a resort. Creatures come close to your bed at night. You also interact with people at dinner, which was usually good, sometimes not. Crapshoot there. For some reason they started painting our cabin on our last day which was a drag, be cause we just wanted to sleep and couldn't because of the paint smell. We did ask them to stop and they did, though.

But you fall asleep at night listening to the ocean. I had the best massage I've ever had that is outside next to a stream. They have a candlelight dinner for you on the beach on your last night. Bonfire one night on the beach. This place is not for everyone, but I'm so glad we had the experience. Never been to anywhere like this before. Really off the grid. Did I mention the food is unbelievable?

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thewonderofitall
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

After traveling to PV for over 20 years almost every year, we finally got to Majahuitas. What a treat. We had the Chula Vista casita for seven nights. Even though we've been married for 42+ years, I purchased the 'Romance' package. The massages were the best and the romantic dinner on the beach was unsurpassed. Everyone speaks of the service. Ditto that. We were there at what Margo said was a very slow week. At most there were only four couples at any one time. We made some very good friends. Julie, the assistant manager was there when we landed. They had held lunch for us anticipating our arrival. The food was absolutely 5 Star! Lunch was a veritable buffet for two, right at your table. Margo and Kevin arrived a couple of days later and quickly became family along with the four labs that call Majahuitas home. I felt sorry for all of the Groupon buyers who only stayed four nights. We were NOT ready to leave after seven nights even though we spent an additional week in a condo just south of PV.

Whenever dinner was ready they would bang a gong. Each night we were there we went to dinner earlier and earlier because it gave Kevin a chance to mix us some first class drinks and tell his stories. The gong soon became unnecessary because we were all right there.

I can't recommend Majahuitas enough. Book now as the resort will close in three years due to losing their lease.

Be sure to go zip lining while you are there.

Room Tip: Chula Vista is best for couples. Los Arcos is best for two couples. There are only 8 casitas, you ca...
1 Thank Richard M
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was one of the most unique vacations I've taken. The Majahuitas Resort is the perfect place for relaxation with great food and nearly complete isolastion from civilization. It usually takes me 2-3 days of a vacation to unwind. Here it took about an hour! When you land in Puerto Vallarta, you'll take a 45 minute cab ride that will show you many parts of the city and the coast. Next you'll take a 15 minute boat ride along the coast. It is a beautifl ride with many sites along the way. When you arrive on the beach, 4 dogs that live on the resort run barking to greet you. These are the friendliest, most well-behaved dogs you could meet and they will quickly be your buddies!
The The Casitas are very private and offer beautiful views of the ocean. Meals are prepared three times a day and are different each time...we never had a repeated meal! Every morning at 8AM, a pot of coffee was deliverd to our casita and left just outside our door. NOTE: This was awesome coffee! During breakfast and lunch, you dine privatly by the beach and dinner is served family style with all guests sitting together. After some dinners, there was a bon fire set on the beach but most nights we went back to our casita and read.
There is a hike offered twice a week where you embark on a 2 hour vigorous walk through the jungle. The hike is really beautiful with parts of it in the open and parts of it in cover of the many trees. At the end of the walk is an amazing waterfall and swimming area with cool waters, lots of sun and refreshments offered by local caretakers. TRY THE LEMONADE!
There is also a trip to a nearby village that is not a tourist trap until you get to the beach where vendors sell the usual jewelry. It was a nice break but you'll either love it or hate it. I loved it!
While there isn't any electricity, there is generator that is turned on twice a day so you can power up your Kindle or iPhone.
Reading was my main entertainment as there is no TV or other distractions. However, you can snorkle, use kayaks or paddleboards, play ping-pong or chess. There is a small open-air gym and my wife and I brought TRX Suspension trainers and used them every other day.
The owners, Kevin and Margot, are great! They are attentive to your needs and go out of the way to assure a great experience. The employees got to know us and made our stay incredilby comfortable, too.
Because you're in a jungle, you'll encounter animals and expericnes unique to that environment. The owners spray for scorpions and we found one in our beach towel but it was near dead. No problem...really! One night we found a crab in our bathroom sink. It was really amusing! We brought bug spray but, except for the hike, we never needed it. This can change depending on when you travel.
.The bottom line istah we loved it here and highly recommend the Majahuitas Resort for an incredible experience and a most relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chuls Vista casa. Of the 8 offered, I felt this was the best one. Two of the casi...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Of all things to do I booked a Groupon for 4 nights for Majahuitas! Based on the wonderful reviews online and on Trip Advisor I emailed my sister and said "do you want to go" and so we did. I must say that this was the best decision I ever made and working with Groupon was a breeze. It was a laid back resort that did not skimp on service or food. At the same time you could mingle with travelers or stick to yourself. Yes, it is perfect for couples or family. I so enjoyed exploring the nearby jungle, having a fabulous Massage and observing fun and interesting crabs up close. My sister Krista and I snorkeled, kayaked and swam. If you want a little adventure then sign up for the Canopy tour with the "super mexicans". Margot, Julie, Kevin, Andres, Hironomo, Ramon, the chefs and the rest of the staff were all very likable and accommodating. The food was especially delicious and fresh with careful attention given to detail and presentation. Go if your a solo, a family or a couple; you will surely not be disappointed. We stayed in Los Arcos (the arches) near the beach. Especially fun was the dining announcement via the asian gong. Dana Styber

Room Tip: All the casitas are charming and range from small to large or from couple size to family size so bro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dana S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Majahuitas
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#12 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,757 reviews
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Reso...
#29 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,372 reviews
Resorts by Pinnacle 180
Resorts by Pinnacle 180
#10 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Majahuitas Resort? Share your experiences!