“The Best Valentine's Day ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Majahuitas Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Majahuitas
Majahuitas Resort
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“The Best Valentine's Day ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I were only dating at the time, and I took her to Majahuitas for 4 days. It was an amazing, beautiful place! The food, the atmosphere, and the staff were incredible! We can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I have been fortunate to travel to many places throughout the world, the question is why have we visited Maja 7 times, this last week for my 50th birthday party.
If you read my other Majahuitas reviews over the last few years you'll see the reasons why this place has become our long distance home away from home. We have thoroughly enjoyed bringing friends here and watched, as they to ,have fallen in love with a pretty amazing little cove away from the hustle of Puerto Vallarta.
I could go on about the food being fantastic, amazing, incredible etc. Or how the casitas are each a one of a kind hideaway. Or how great it is to sit on the beach, raise your flag and have a drink brought to you. Or how the cove has the best snorkeling on the west coast of Mexico. Or how much fun it is to have the pirate ship come in every day and have all the people who get off just stare at you from the other side of the rope and envy you and your little piece of paradise. Or how the dogs and Bogey the cat are part of your family when your hanging out there.
Many great reasons. But, the staff and Margo and Kevin are the key to all of the pieces, why it all "works" when your there. They have a special bond with the place, something you don't find at pretty much anywhere else in Puerto Vallarta.
So, trust me, go to Majahuitas, sit on the beach and drink your Pacifico. You'll thank me later!

Room Tip: 65 steps to the top of the Cliff House but the best view! Chula Vista is close to the beach but stil...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shiloh8912
Galt, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our much anticipated group trip was even better than previous ones! What a great trip. Relaxing, great food, plenty of activities (if you want), beautiful views... so fantastic. My husband really enjoyed the fishing trip, and having the guide take the tuna and make fresh ceviche, it was amazing. The new viewing area above Cliff House is so beautiful, glad we took the hike.

Room Tip: We have stayed in Beach House, Bougainvillea and now Chula Vista. I really like Chula Vista and Bou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

No words can explain our experience. This place is better then the big resorts. The personal touch thatMargot and Kevin, and their staff put into eevery detail of our stay was AMAZING. From the Coca Cola cans on the window seal to the Caronas. They absolutely spoiled us while we were there. These guys are amazing. The only place you won't worry about time or what's going on the world. This is an experience you will never forget.

• Stayed April 2012
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent a week at Majahuitas last February, having searched the interwebs for a place with just the right balance of sunshine, comfortable beds, good food, and camaraderie and adventure if you wanted it, or solace if you didn't. Majahuitas fit the bill in every way. Travel to PV was super easy, and the trek to the boat launch went just as described. We knew we had chosen well when in the boat the water splashed onto our faces and the big buildings of the PV shoreline faded in the distance.

As we rounded the bend to the Majahuitas beach, Kevin and the dogs made their way down the beach to meet us. We checked in with little fanfare and were on the beach with welcome drinks in our hands in no time. Kevin assured us once again that meeting the demands of my gluten-free diet would be no trouble at all, and insisted that we check back if at any point we had questions or needs.

The week was a true delight. We visited nearby Yelapa, we went on a super long hike, and we treated ourselves to a massage that turned out to be one of the best we'd ever had. So we booked another. We met several other travelers who we've since gone to visit stateside. While we were there, Kevin and Margo got stand-up paddle boards, and we broke them in while nearly breaking ourselves! We saw dolphins and whales from our perch at breakfast, and learned to watch the dogs, as they always knew when the whales were coming.

I'd read before I went that at Majahuitas you could stick a flag in the sand and the staff would come out to take your drink order and deliver it to you. I tested this several times, and I'm pleased to report that it is true. And delicious. And yet another outstanding reminder of why vacation at Majahuitas is so great.

We stayed in one of the tree house cabana places and it was fabulous. The beds were comfortable, and we fought over who got to rest in the hammock. Each night, the staff at Majahuitas set out candles to line the walk to the rooms, and I loved that. There is something lovely about knowing your way, but also getting to appreciate the beauty of the stars and the sound of surf lapping on the sand. The outdoor shower was pretty wild, but perfect too.

Food...was simply outstanding. The menu as-is was great (my partner said so), but they also did a fabulous job of adjusting to a modified diet (I have celiac's disease). I ate like a champ, and I still think about the flourless banana cake and fish with the best salsa I've ever had. Oh, and Kevin's mojitos too!

Majahuitas is a place to unwind. If you want big resort services and to remain anonymous, this is not your place. If you want dinner on the beach, the chance to unplug and get away, and memories of a lifetime, book now. I assure you, you won't regret it.

Oh, but you cannot have my reservation!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Becci M
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was the most amazing vacation we have ever been on. Cannot wait to get back for another visit! Felt at home (loved the cats and dogs) and ate the most amazing food ever (really ever). It was so romantic...I just cannot sat enough, just go!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Guerneville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We enjoyed the best 5 days of vacation EVER at this amazing place. Pure beauty, peace, relaxation and comfort. Delicious food. Great accommodations. Total relaxation. Love the owners, the staff, the dogs and that cove that keeps calling my name. We couldn't recommend it more highly!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Majahuitas
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#12 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,758 reviews
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Reso...
#29 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,372 reviews
Resorts by Pinnacle 180
Resorts by Pinnacle 180
#10 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Majahuitas Resort? Share your experiences!