“Better every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Majahuitas Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Majahuitas
Majahuitas Resort
Galt, California
“Better every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our much anticipated group trip was even better than previous ones! What a great trip. Relaxing, great food, plenty of activities (if you want), beautiful views... so fantastic. My husband really enjoyed the fishing trip, and having the guide take the tuna and make fresh ceviche, it was amazing. The new viewing area above Cliff House is so beautiful, glad we took the hike.

Room Tip: We have stayed in Beach House, Bougainvillea and now Chula Vista. I really like Chula Vista and Bou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

No words can explain our experience. This place is better then the big resorts. The personal touch thatMargot and Kevin, and their staff put into eevery detail of our stay was AMAZING. From the Coca Cola cans on the window seal to the Caronas. They absolutely spoiled us while we were there. These guys are amazing. The only place you won't worry about time or what's going on the world. This is an experience you will never forget.

• Stayed April 2012
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent a week at Majahuitas last February, having searched the interwebs for a place with just the right balance of sunshine, comfortable beds, good food, and camaraderie and adventure if you wanted it, or solace if you didn't. Majahuitas fit the bill in every way. Travel to PV was super easy, and the trek to the boat launch went just as described. We knew we had chosen well when in the boat the water splashed onto our faces and the big buildings of the PV shoreline faded in the distance.

As we rounded the bend to the Majahuitas beach, Kevin and the dogs made their way down the beach to meet us. We checked in with little fanfare and were on the beach with welcome drinks in our hands in no time. Kevin assured us once again that meeting the demands of my gluten-free diet would be no trouble at all, and insisted that we check back if at any point we had questions or needs.

The week was a true delight. We visited nearby Yelapa, we went on a super long hike, and we treated ourselves to a massage that turned out to be one of the best we'd ever had. So we booked another. We met several other travelers who we've since gone to visit stateside. While we were there, Kevin and Margo got stand-up paddle boards, and we broke them in while nearly breaking ourselves! We saw dolphins and whales from our perch at breakfast, and learned to watch the dogs, as they always knew when the whales were coming.

I'd read before I went that at Majahuitas you could stick a flag in the sand and the staff would come out to take your drink order and deliver it to you. I tested this several times, and I'm pleased to report that it is true. And delicious. And yet another outstanding reminder of why vacation at Majahuitas is so great.

We stayed in one of the tree house cabana places and it was fabulous. The beds were comfortable, and we fought over who got to rest in the hammock. Each night, the staff at Majahuitas set out candles to line the walk to the rooms, and I loved that. There is something lovely about knowing your way, but also getting to appreciate the beauty of the stars and the sound of surf lapping on the sand. The outdoor shower was pretty wild, but perfect too.

Food...was simply outstanding. The menu as-is was great (my partner said so), but they also did a fabulous job of adjusting to a modified diet (I have celiac's disease). I ate like a champ, and I still think about the flourless banana cake and fish with the best salsa I've ever had. Oh, and Kevin's mojitos too!

Majahuitas is a place to unwind. If you want big resort services and to remain anonymous, this is not your place. If you want dinner on the beach, the chance to unplug and get away, and memories of a lifetime, book now. I assure you, you won't regret it.

Oh, but you cannot have my reservation!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Becci M
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was the most amazing vacation we have ever been on. Cannot wait to get back for another visit! Felt at home (loved the cats and dogs) and ate the most amazing food ever (really ever). It was so romantic...I just cannot sat enough, just go!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Guerneville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We enjoyed the best 5 days of vacation EVER at this amazing place. Pure beauty, peace, relaxation and comfort. Delicious food. Great accommodations. Total relaxation. Love the owners, the staff, the dogs and that cove that keeps calling my name. We couldn't recommend it more highly!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

6 nights was not nearly enough. Visited the resort with my BF in October, it was our first visit. We'll be back most definitely. The staff was super friendly, the hosts were low key, the food was great. The dogs were entertaining.
We didn't have to do a single thing for our selves, when we wanted a drink they brought it to our beach chair, when we wanted to kayak they brought it to the beach for us, when we wanted to snorkel they helped us find the best fitting fins...coffee was delivered to our guest room each morning. Drinks were delicious and the food was authentic. I would suggest to anyone to visit here.
By the way the super romantic beach dinner was pretty incredible, I don't have the imagination for this type for thing so the fact that they put it together and pulled it off so amazingly is a big plus for me.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Chula House with great views but I learned that the jungle hose has the best breeze.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I needed some serious unwinding, and after an exhaustive search, my husband and I decided to try Majahuitas. It was exactly what I was looking for and more - beautiful (beyond words), tranquil, natural and off the grid. Food was incredible and plentiful, staff was warm and inviting and the casitas were really fun and different.

Started the week in Los Arcos, which is probably the most public casita. It has a great patio and hammock, but is the closest casita to the public beach area and thanks to some unwelcome visitors, we were moved to Sunset House, which was set further back from the beach and more private. Had a wonderful view!

During our stay, I got a massage (amazing), went ziplining (would totally do again) and visited the fishing village Yelapa. I wasn't ready to be around a lot of other people - after being so spoiled with the peace and quiet of Majahuitas - and even though Yelapa is relatively small and uncrowded, it's a much more typical Mexican experience (lots of beach vendors) and I wish that we hadn't done it.

Just as an FYI, when you arrive at the airport, you'll be greeted by a Majahuitas staff who will take you to a taxi. The taxi is not included in your stay, and you'll pay between $30 and $40 cash. The taxi ride takes about 45 minutes, and you'll be dropped off at a little harbor, where your boat to Majahuitas is waiting. Also, we got a discount for paying for our stay in cash, but I wished I would have saved some cash for the end because the resort is heavily taxed on tips, so your credit card tip doesn't got as far as you think.

All in all, staying there for a week was one of my favorite vacations of my life and I miss having my way lighted each night by little candles, each of my meals being announced by a gong and having absolutely nothing to do and loving every second of it. I dream of visiting Majahuitas again very soon!

Room Tip: Each of the casitas is laid out differently, which makes it fun. Cliff House has a gorgeous view and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank megg210
Also consider these accommodations in or near Majahuitas
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,792 reviews
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites ...
#10 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta
#34 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,197 reviews

Been to Majahuitas Resort? Share your experiences!