“off the grid and into paradise”
Review of Majahuitas Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Majahuitas
Majahuitas Resort
Madison, Wisconsin
“off the grid and into paradise”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Majahuitas is *exactly* as described. Rustic, friendly, comfortable, and relaxing with delicious food & drink. If you really want to get away from it all, go off the grid, and relax on a gorgeous beach with wonderful people and great food - this is an excellent choice. Also - they were *incredibly* accommodating of my partner's dietary needs due to Celiac's Disease and baked me a cake to celebrate my birthday! We loved every minute of our trip. But, you need to be on your computer / phone, near a tv, and on-the-go, you might want to pass. We hope to return. Thanks so much!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank woohoozoo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Redondo Beach, California, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I found the Majahuitas resort amazing. The staff, management and friendly Golden Labs made me feel welcome as soon as the boat landed. I pray that the resort keeps it low key, relaxed vibe with their hospitality abounding. Thanks to all of you for a tremendous experience of which I'm still enjoying the relaxed feeling...even back to reality!

Room Tip: The Jungle Room was a bit more isolated without compromising the beach view. Great room for friends...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sue S
CO
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I wanted to sit on a beautiful beach without high rise buildings and without having to travel for hours. My husband and kids wanted to safely play in the waves and see wildlife. We wanted interesting, yet casual and simple. Majahuitas was all that and more. The natural beauty was endlessly exhilarating. We kayaked, snorkeled, fished, and birded, but we weren't invaded by the animals or worn out with things to do. Because Majahuitas managed them so well, the tourists who visited at the other end of the beach for a few hours didn't bother me or my family. All Mexican beaches are public beaches but there was not a single vendor. I can't say that for when I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Honolulu. No internet? Priceless. My kids never complained once. Solar powered electricity? Great for watching the stars and enjoying the many candles lit everywhere. The attention to detail--nice woods, decorated sinks, books on the shelves--and individuality made the casitas homey. The octopus was superb. The langoustines amazing. The scallop ceviche perfect. Tasty surprise--apple strudel. Thank you, Margot and Kevin! Thank you, Richard and Katherine!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank MollyDenver
Seward, Nebraska
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have read the reviews off and on in anticipation of traveling here over the last few months but after experiencing 5 days in this little cove, I can say without a doubt it was even better than I had hoped. Just as everyone said, the location is beautiful, the atmosphere romantic, the food incredible and the service beyond compare in my experiences. I felt pampered and just plain blessed to experience the place. I am content to keep to myself and it was so much more fun than I expected to dine with and get to know the other guests a bit. It is fun to even read some of their trip advisor reviews here. If you are looking for something different--out of the way, a bit adventurous but with great attention to detail, try it! Just be prepared to face coming back to reality after a few days in paradise....

Room Tip: We stayed in Bouiganvillea and it was great. I agree that there is not a bad casita. I think if I...
1 Thank MSarahM
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This unique resort is in a league of its own. There is no comparison possible to all the typical mexican resorts that a person generally encounters when they search expedia, travelocity etc. From its intimate experience (small) to its attention to detail (all transportation arranged) to its pampering (staff will arrange anything you request, and often that you didn't, but appreciate) and its exquisite cuisine; this must be amongst the top 3 resorts in the puerto vallarta region.

I would gladly reccomend this to anyone (as long as you are open to living on the beach, with a cool breeze through the open casitas!!!)

Room Tip: All are good. We stayed in Los Arcos and really enjoyed it.
3 Thank Travis W
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Just got back home from a 4 night stay at Majahuitas. So relaxing, amazing staff and accommodations and wonderful fresh food, literally no complaints. The place is perfect. Definitely check out the day-trip to nearby Yelapa if you want more company, but we could have easily spent the entire time and been perfectly happy. We would definitely return and plan to as soon as we can.

Room Tip: The beach casita was amazing and literally 10 yards from the water. But the jungle houses looked co...
1 Thank NicolasDenver
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is an exceptional place, period. The inceredibly beautiful location - and the novelty of staying in a beach casita recessed into the mountains and trees - made this one of the most tranquil, relaxing vacations we've ever had. We came back refreshed, rejuvenated, well fed and content ... and cant wait to get back!

Its unconventional - its not your average "resort". Approachable only by boat, the gorgeous beach is flanked by a picturesque rocky shoreline with densely forested mountains for a backdrop. There are only 8 casitas which are open air, lighted by small solar lamps and candles, and with a solar powered water supply. Cellphone coverage is spotty. Its a "back to nature" kind of vacation for those used to resort luxuries. Yet its more luxurious than any 5 star resort I've ever been to. Majahuitas has a natural beauty, tranquility and atmosphere no "conventional" resort can ever provide.

Tranquil yes, but not without excitement! Be warned though that everything happens in a second and you might entirely miss the action if you're looking the other way. Whales and dolphins pass by as you're having breakfast on the beach. We saw sardines and sting rays jump out of the water, and pelicans have a feast. And then there's the excitement of the gong that announces yet another incredible meal! We were like Pavlov's dogs salivating at the sound of a gong ...

Enjoy!

Room Tip: We loved the cliff casita for its views and privacy. Ideal vanatage point if you're a photograph...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wanderer_147
Also consider these accommodations in or near Majahuitas
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,820 reviews
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites ...
#10 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta
#34 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,245 reviews

Been to Majahuitas Resort? Share your experiences!