“Good food”

Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Deddington
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Deddington Arms Hotel and Restaurant has 27 en-suite bedrooms, 60 cover restaurant and real ale bar with sport from SKY and BT. Deddington is situated at the gateway to the Cotswolds and is convenient for visits to Blenheim Palace, Warwick Castle, Oxford, Stratford-on-Avon. The Deddington Arms Restaurant has an eclectic menu enjoyed by local residents and hotels guests alike. Private dining for up to 30 diners is available in the Board Room and Cotswold suite.
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch and sat outside with the dog. Good and prompt service @ the bar. Had Steak and mushroom pie with beans and mash, home made, lots of it and very tasty! My wife had Prawn Marie Sour dough baguette which she rated well too.
Pub was busy clean and popular. Would recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Nigel O, Owner at Deddington Arms Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your kind comments.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Had a couple of nights here on a special deal. Loved it. The room was comfortable and clean, staff very friendly and the food in the restaurant, both at breakfast and dinner was excellent. Nicely situated for visiting many places of interest. Highly recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Nigel O, Owner at Deddington Arms Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Thank you for the review and we are deligted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

Enjoyed a lovely family lunch here on Sunday. We were a large party and I always wonder how that might impact on quality and service.......... but no worries here. Food was really good and freshly cooked. As I am a particularly good at making my own desserts, I am very fussy when I eat out and rarely order a dessert. However, I did fancy the whisky treacle tart - it was absolutely delicious, perfectly baked........no soggy bottoms here! Whoever baked that is a flipping good pastry chef! The baked white chocolate cheesecake was similarly delicious I am told. I often hear people say that service is slow in some places as if that is a problem....... and we did wait a bit of time between ordering and eating but isn't that what a leisurely family lunch is all about? Who wants to be rushed through their Sunday lunch. I am more than happy with a bit of a wait and thank you for the time it gave us to have a good family catch up! The staff were lovely, really friendly and welcoming.

My hint would be - in the winter, try and have lunch in the bar area if possible as they have a particularly attractive log fire....... It is also very family friendly; so if you have young children it is a welcoming place to eat.

2  Thank Scone2
Nigel O, Owner at Deddington Arms Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

I'm delighted the family lunch went well and you enjoyed our puddings - they are scrumptious but I guess I'm biased.

Reviewed September 29, 2018

I had an evening meal here which was very satisfying in the taste department but when it was served, I thought I should have ordered a side of chips.

I had the Paprika Roasted Pork Tenderloin which was absolutely delicious but limited in portion size. The flavour and cooking was superb but I could have eaten two of them.

I found the staff a little offish as we queried selections on the menu but the food did arrive in good time.

Date of visit: September 2018
Nigel O, Owner at Deddington Arms Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your meal. We will take a look at the portion size for the pork tenderloin.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Booked the family room for me and my 3 children , the room was a great size and very clean , the bed was comfortable we was very happy , we meet family who live close and 8 of us had dinner which was lovely , recommend the leek and Potato soup , all mains were lovely , the staff delivered to a high standard and were all really polite and helpful , breakfast was just as good ! What a lovely hotel .

Date of visit: September 2018
Nigel O, Owner at Deddington Arms Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Many thanks and delighted you enjoyed your stay