“An excellent choice for good food, good ale and good company!”

The Crown & Tuns - Puddingface, The Pie Place
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Deddington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to PuddingFace Do you have a penchant for pies? Puddingface offers a whole host of pies including traditional meat and vegetarian, fish and game, as well as some less conventional recipes. All Homemade!Lunch times bookings are taken Monday to Saturday 12-2pm and Sunday 12 to 2.30 Please call the pub to book. No evening reservations/bookings taken, come along have a drink at the bar, let our staff know you wish to eat and we will seat you as soon as a table comes available or will endeavour to keep you informed on how long the wait is likely to be.Largest single table we are able to accommodate is for 8 people due to the size of our pub and the nature of our business baking pies to order we are not really suitable for larger groups. If you insist ...Larger groups will have to be treated as individual smaller tables and your food order taken as they come available during the evening.Due to licence restrictions young children (under 5) can not remain on the premises after 7.30PM and all children (under 14) past 9pm Telephones are manned pub opening hours (not office hours)
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Thank you to you and your staff for making a lonely business traveller feel very welcome.

I visited your establishment by chance on 7 June, where I treated myself to some fine ale and a wonderful peppered steak pie. Having enjoyed the ambiance, fare and company so much, I returned the following night for more ale and a BBQ beef and cheddar cheese pie, again an excellent experience.

Whilst my waistline is now suffering, I can honestly say that the food, value for money, surroundings, friendliness of customers and staff plus the politeness and attitude of the staff is excellent. A credit to you and your business.

If my visit to Deddington were longer, I would certainly be back again tonight!

1  Thank Douglas P

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Scrummy and huge! Can never finish a whole one but they're so good that my partner has no problem in finishing mine off as well as his own!

1  Thank Trapeeezium
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Myself and the husband to be have a slight addiction to this quaint little pub and travel about 40 minutes to enjoy the delights they have on offer!

The pie's are huge but of a great quality and the price is very good too!

We always try to leave room for desert as the Apple Pie is too die for and although we walk out stuffed to the brim we know that we have enjoyed every last bite!

Would definitely recommend

Slight downfall is if you want to book a table you can not- this isn't great if you want to enjoy a family celebration as you just can not organise anything and would love to have the flexibility to do this for birthdays/celebrations.

1  Thank Charlotte W
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Being a pie lover I cannot fault this pub.. The pies are amazing with a vast selection.. The 2 times we have been here, we have not been disappointed fantastic food along with excellent service.. Would highly recommend ..

2  Thank Rocini
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We first discovered Puddingface through their Banbury kitchen (sadly now closed) but this - the original - is as top notch as that one was and we are really glad we won't have to do without our Puddingface pies. I can't speak highly enough about the chicken and mushroom pie- usually because I am too busy eating it. Yes, it's huge and yes, each time I am convinced I'll never get through it - yet I always do and plenty of the veg besides. Lovely space (cosy without feeling crowded - something a lot of places seem to struggle with), delicious food served in generous portions and a welcoming staff for whom nothing is any trouble. Super value for the price too.