“Definitely worth eating at”
Review of Hviti Riddarinn

Hviti Riddarinn
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Good restaurant and bar in the heart of Mosfellsbaer. Short walk from Hotel Laxnes and next to the largest super-market chain in Iceland. Great quality food, the best place in town to watch the sports and live music on fridays. We have three large HD projectors and 4 televisions so you can enjoy your favorite sports to the fullest. Fully equipped bar with a great icelandic beer selection.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I have now enjoyed several meals at different times at the White Knight. It's definitely a community locale, with both TV screens and projectors providing great sports - mostly football - coverage but it's the food that makes us come back. The salads, pizzas and hamburger meals are real meals, well prepared and delicious. Although reasonably priced, they don't skimp on the quality or freshness of the ingredients. Staff are friendly, helpful and totally bilingual and the atmosphere is both friendly and light.

1  Thank Andrewfo12

Reviewed March 21, 2014

It is sort of unfair to review a restaurant you decided not to eat at, but I thought it best just to share our impressions of the White Knight. We walked in briefly on a March Saturday night after a long day. It took a while to find (even though it is quite convenient actually). It is sort of tucked back in a strip mall so it is easy to miss. (The people at the local service station had no idea where it was when I asked for it in English. Anyway it is much bigger as a venue than I had imagined and it is quite modern inside. It was packed when we were there, and it wasn't at all clear how to find a table. We waited at what looked like a hostess station for a while and then went to the unattended bar (that was packed with happy drinkers and diners) but no one emerged to talk to us.. Frankly it looked like everyone there (all locals it seemed) were having a blast so that says a lot about the quality of the experience I guess. But my college aged daughter and I just weren't feeling it as we walked in, and though we waited a while, we never felt welcomed. Look, it is mostly our fault (too shy perhaps?) so I don't want to criticize the White Knight staff.... BUT, if you are a less than pushy traveler in Mosfellsbaer I can report that while we were psyched to try out the White Knight, the entry and "what do I do now to get seated?" part of the experience just didn't work for us! Next time in Iceland we just may give it another try.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My family and I had sea food dinner in this restaurant one night and we really enjoyed it. The fish tasted so fresh and was full of flavour. The service was very good, quick and efficient. The atmosphere was great.

2  Thank globetrotter3114
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Excellent and very wide menu to choose from. A carry-out service is also available at this restaurant and although it is probably first and foremost a pub, we used it as a restaurant and were delighted with food, service and layout. Would definitely recommend this as a rirst-class place to eat at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had a great meal here. The bar people were very friendly and helpful. If you're interested in sports they have two wall projectors and TVS showing different matches. We kept quiet as England and Wales did very well!!!! Only thing is, when you eventually find the bar, the wording 'White Knight' is in Icelandic not English! Enjoy!