“great place”

$115.24*
and up
Icelandic Horse Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Laxnes Horse Farm is a family run business and the oldest tour operator in Iceland. Founded in 1968, the farm offers horseback riding tours all year round for travelers interested in the gentle Icelandic horse.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“great place”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

super friendly family. Great horses to ride, Kalli the dog is full of energy and their home made soup is top class.

• Finnish first
Nailsworth, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Again, super friendly and very helpful people running it. The ponies were gorgeous and it was wonderful riding out in the beautiful scenery, crossing streams and surrounded by mountains.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Horse Riding Farm!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We booked up to visit here prior to our holiday because the reviews and photographs looked like this would be a great experience! We had a really lovely few hours.. My husband has ridden before but I had never but that didn't matter to the owners at Laxnes Horse Farm. The family that own this farm are so friendly and welcoming... They sorted us out with waterproof clothing and helmets then paired us with a horse to our experience levels! I had a horse call Benjamin and my husbands was called Darkness I think?! We went out around the valleys and even though some streams. The horses are so beautiful and clearly very well looked after. We are very glad we booked up to go horse riding here and would recommend the Laxnes Horse Farm to anybody looking for a great outdoor experience no matter if you have been ridding before or not!

Spokane Valley, Washington
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“cold day, warm horse”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Laxnes was recommended by an Icelander I met the day before. One family operation that loves their horses and takes good care of them. They will select the horse for you. A few instructions and off you go! Most riders had little experience or none, so we walked. They adjust the ride for safety. They also pick you up at the hotel. It was a really cold, windy day. I was surprised how well they travel on ice. These horses will not kick, bite, buck or anything nasty. Brush them before riding as they love it. It is fun thing to do as your wait for all horses being readied. This is a must do.

Visited February 2014
Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful ride. Wonderful staff.”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were fortunate to have great weather, so the ride was very beautiful. Two hours on the horses. We were 3 adults and 2 children 10 and 12. The staff was very helpful in getting us suited up. They have everything, warm suits, helmets, gloves, and even boots. They were great in selecting horses for us, as we are not experienced riders. They even lead my 10y/o daughter's horse on a lead the whole time so she would enjoy the trip and be safe. They gave us tips while riding and checked on us often. There were several staff members with us, at the half way point we dismounted for a bit and they checked everyone's saddles. Then offered those who wanted to ride faster the chance to separate from the slower group. We stayed with the slower group which was fine. My mother and son stayed back at the farm, my mother did not wish to ride and my son was not able as he is in a wheelchair. My mother said they were so nice and friendly while they were there. My kids loved the dog, Collie ( not sure of the spelling). Wonderful family there. Definitely rce omen and would go again!