“Loved every min !”

Book In Advance
More Info
$227.15*
and up
Horseback Riding Day Tour at Laxnes Farm from...
More attraction details
Owner description: Laxnes Horse Farm is a family run business and the oldest tour operator in Iceland. Founded in 1968, the farm offers horseback riding tours all year round for travelers interested in the gentle Icelandic horse.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I spent the whole day riding and playing with the ponies

went for a beautiful ride in the morning where we split off into groups according to ability - we "tolted" all over the county side- both horses I had the pleasure of riding were well gated and lots of fun. Both had spunk and the most perfect Tolt- the second pony I rode had the finest gate of the two but either one of them could have come home with me ! Owner were wonderful and as an added bonus they have a bar of the tack room where we lounged and drank after the days ride

All reviews
"beginners"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Well looked after. Picked up at hotel. Very friendly. Catered very much to our needs / level of experience. Very good value for money.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's my first time on a horse and the staff at Laxnes made sure I got a horse who'd take good care of me. Icelandic horses are naturally very docile, or so I'm told, it didn't take long for me to get the hold of things even though there wasn't much of a briefing (It's quite fun figuring things out along the way actually).

The route we rode on was absolutely stunning, complete with mountains and fields full of Alaskan Lupines. The owners and staff at the farm were busy but friendly. Most importantly, you'll love the horses!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My inexperienced friend and I went for a ride and I was disappointed for her. She was given zero instruction and it did not help when the horses spooked at the beginning of the ride and someone was thrown. There were away too many riders and too few guides who made no effort to help the less experienced riders. There was never a warning when we started to tolt unlike at other places. Finally at the break my friend spoke up and insisted someone help her and one of the guides accompanied her most of the way so she finished with a big smile on her face but in the future I would be more inclined to bring a beginner to Ishestar which provided a lot more instruction throughout the entire ride.

4  Thank jtmh89