1,159 results
All reviewsnorthern lightshot tubgolden circleporridgethe busmountain viewthe hotel managerlaxnes horse farmblue lagoonpetrol stationwaffle machinelocal amenitieshired a cargreat bakeryminute driveupgraded to a suitecity centre
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This is a very comfortable, fairly newly built hotel.
It has lots of quirky decor touches e.g. old Singer sewing machines on top of Chinese chests.
There is a pool table, a small lounge and bar and TV area. The rooms and beds are comfortable and clean.
Shaun on receiption is friendly and helpful. There is a good breakfast on offer, with slightly addictive cook-them-yourself waffles! The only slight downside is that the hotel doesn't offer an evening meal service.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Davina P
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

My son and I stayed 5 nights coming back last week. It was our first visit to Iceland and I was a little unsure about driving so used public transport to get into town especially for the yore the bus stop us directly outside hotel and costs 440krona one way.

Start 7:45 except Sunday, number 15 and always on time, which was brilliant can pick up return in centre up to 11ish... pm. Drivers don’t give change so try to have right money or you may lose out.

The hotel is simple in terms of offerings like breakfast, rooms basic clean and very soft beds but I found the room to be too hot although windows can be opened.

Staff were helpful when asked but in the main we were left on our own. The bakery across the roads opens 7am and has beautiful fresh sandwiches, pastries which we stocked up on for our day trips. Cheaper than buying in town or on tour. They also have subway, KFC and dominos pizza (shocking prices)

But you also have a large Bonus supermarket which you can buy drinks, snacks much cheaper like Diet Coke etc..

I would go back as we found some lovely walks and a waterfall and park with volleyball and small zip wire. Also local swimming no pool just 5mins away.

As I say basic but fit for simple needs. Could be so much more but they always have returning guests which speaks for itself.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank 482annie
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

An incredible overall experience. Do not sleep on Shaun the receptionist, he is a baller in every sense of the word. Enjoy a stay of the highest quality. This in an absolute must if you are trekking in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jared C
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Shaun was incredibly kind!! A warm and cozy place, would highly recommend to anyone and everyone. The breakfast buffet was delicious, my favorite item was the waffle and whip cream. I cannot wait to come back

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is lovely and cozy but more than anything, it is the service. I tend to stay at quite fancy hotels and the service even there does not compare to that of Shaune. Amazing individual and amazing vibes in the hotel. What a happy place

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple