Hotel Laxnes
$181
Cancelon
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$256
$205
Hotel Island(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$267
$135
Orbitz.com
City Park Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$275
$264
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$297
$284
Grand Hotel Reykjavik(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$255
  • Breakfast included
Kriunes Hotel(Kopavogur)(Great Value!)
$285
$265
22 Hill Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$248
Hotels.com
1,131 results
All reviewsnorthern lightshot tubgolden circleporridgethe busthe hotel managermountain viewlaxnes horse farmlamb soupblue lagoonpetrol stationwaffle machinelocal amenitiessouth coasthired a cargreat bakeryminute drive
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Let me start by saying I knew absolutely nothing about Iceland when I started looking into student group travel. I contacted Max at Hotel Laxnes and from the very first email he was so helpful and friendly that I never searched for another hotel. I can guesstimate that Max and I exchanged over 100 emails over the course of months - and he was so very very patient with my requests, changes, questions, etc.... He helped arrange for the rooms and all of the tours for this group. I was able to pay for everything through Laxnes and all at a very reasonable rate. We ended up with an itinerary that was flawless and in the words of the chaperone who traveled with the students, " The six day excursion was a tremendous mix of sightseeing, learning opportunities, and "holy cow!" experiences! We could not have been more pleased with the results." Shaun was wonderful arranging meals at various locations, finding us discounts and sharing menus with me. Between the three of us, we had the itinerary down to the minute. It was a wonderful experience for the students. As my review title said, Laxnes is more than a hotel - it is a true treasure. If like me, you know very little about Iceland and want to stay in a clean, well managed, wonderfully located hotel and have the bonus of a helpful, courteous, respectful and knowledgeable staff then please go with Laxnes. And if you are a seasoned Icelandic traveler I would suggest trying them also - I am certain through conversations Max and Shaun will come up with an adventure you never expected. I am posting a photo of the hotel with the majestic mountain in the background. Thanks for reading! Enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have been in hotel Laxnes in the last days of June and the first days of August 2013. I have travelled around the world for business and have experienced good and bad. This hotel and its staff exceed good. Cosy, friendly, well located, just next to the highway. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Breakfast is simple, but all you need is there.

Iceland gives you the possibility to go back to "human roots". People in this hotel know where to find these roots. Not pushing for commission on tours, honest advice to make you stay "carved in mind forever".

We as a family (2 adults, 2 teenagers) would highly recommend this hotel !!

Shaun, thanks for making our stay so good. (Dankie)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PPRD
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Me and my partner came here in July to celebrate our anniversary, and its safe to say we could not have picked a better destination than Iceland and no better hotel than Hotel Laxnes!.. It was only a 20 minute drive from Reykjavik, which although was 10 minutes longer than we'd expected, was close enough to Reykjavik but also far enough out into the country to give us the peacefulness that we were after. The town of Mosfellsbaer is small and not exactly buzzing nightlife but it had everything we needed and lots of choices for meals out, i would definitely say go to the Alafoss for tea one evening the food was amazing!! In the daytime we went on many different walks around and about the town and down to the beach one day these were kindly pointed out by the hotel manager Shaun who was very helpful!.. As for the rooms.. these were just nice, comfortable and clean and had good blackout blinds which we needed as it was 24 hour daylight!.. A huge highlight for us was celebrating our anniversary in the hot tub overlooking the mountains with a glass of wine from the bar! Beautiful!..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate B
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Yesterday we returned from a trip to Iceland. Hotel Laxnes was our starting point. I would like to mention a very convenient location, comfortable rooms and a good breakfast. Shaun, the hotel manager was very kind and help us to organize whole trip. I hope to return again to Iceland and to this hotel. Many thanks to them!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here for a week. Great room, breakfast was good. Somewhat happy with the service. There was one guy in particular who seemed to work at the bar who wasn't the nicest to us but everyone at the front desk was amazing!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple