“Great Hospitality!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mosfellsbaer
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Great Hospitality!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here for an anniversary get away. Shawn was always available and eager to please. Countless times either us or another guest would be looking at doing something, and he would have the phone in hand, ready to call and make the excursion/trip/ what have you, happen!
The breakfast buffet, although outside of my normal breakfast routine, was always tasty and plentiful.
My only complaint would be the blankets. They are half the width, and probably twin size. Although we had a queen size bed, the blankets BARELY covered my feet (I am 6' 4"/ 1.9m)

Room Tip: Be sure to get a suite! The room was spacious, and offered a BEAUTIFUL view of the mountains!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
chelmsford
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We booked three rooms at Hotel Laxnes in July. We were given three studio rooms on the ground floor and they were spacious with cooking facilities if you needed them and a splendid view of the hills beyond. The beds were comfortable and the rooms very quiet.

Iceland is a wonderful country to visit and Hotel Laxnes is a great base for a holiday because it is just a short drive from Reykjavik and some of Iceland’s other major attractions. It is unique and amazing country and the people were so friendly and made us feel very welcome.

We hired a car for day trips around the many sights. Driving in Iceland is relatively easy because the roads are uncongested and the other drivers courteous (but get yourself a proper road map).

We contacted the hotel before we left the UK and Shaun the hotel manager organised car hire and a taxi from the airport at very reasonable rates, all the staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere of the hotel is amazingly laid back and understated; we really did feel at home there.

Thank-you Shaun and everyone else whose hard work gave us such a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
danbury, ct.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We decided to stay a little out of town and were so glad we did. Laxnes was delightful. Clean, extremelg helpful staff, great views and great value. If you don't mind the 20 minute bus ride into town, this is thenplace to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the mountain
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hitchin
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Laxnes for a few days at the beginning of July.

I'll be honest, when I booked it, I didn't check how far from the city it was. It worried me initially as it's 15/20 minute bus ride. But if (or more like when) we go back, we would stay here again - 100%. It is much cheaper than staying in the city centre.

The public transport runs like clockwork and is cheap (compared to UK prices). The bus stop is on the doorstep, literally. Maybe next time I would hire a car, but that's so we can just get out and about to be nosey on our own.

Shaun is more than helpful and always seems a happy chappy (I can't work out when he actually sleeps though - he's always there at the desk). He can book everything for you, plus recommend all the great local hikes and touristy excursions.

The breakfast is a typical 'continental' type affair, always seemed stocked up and freshly prepared. The whole place has a nice feel about it, not threatening in the slightest. As for location, you couldn't ask for better. Literally at the foot of mount Esja, great views and nice and quiet.

All in all, a great stay. We would highly recommend - but please don't be thinking this is the Hilton. It is quite basic and utilitarian (well our room was, I gather you can also rent a kitchenette type affair). But lets be honest, it is a base to sleep - you will be out exploring a truly great country with much to give!

Have fun :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank huffhuff
Sittard, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Rooms are very clean and modern, as wel as the bar. The hotel manager is very friendly and helpfull, he arranged al my daytours and he has helped me when I overslept, so i did not mis my daytour. The view from the hotel is incredible. In the bar you can talk with the local people, and they are very friendly and they learn you a lot about Icelandic habits and culture. You can take a bus to Reykjavic city centre, what isn't that far, or you can enjoy swimming in the heated pool, what is located about 5 minutes walking from the hotel. I really recommend it to anyone!!

Room Tip: I travelled on my one, so I only saw the single room, the room was very good.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights. If you are renting a car, definitely stay here instead of in Reykjavik. It is is much less expensive, less than half the price of hotels in the city. It is convenient to all the sights, and only about a 15 minute drive from Reykjavik. We rented one of the kitchenettes (studios) and saved money by cooking a couple of nights.
They have a very helpful, friendly manager, who seems to work 20 hours a day.
Note that the hotel's location on Google Maps is wrong by a few blocks; use the address instead.

Room Tip: The room nearest the reception had an odor from the shower drain; we moved after one night.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank XenophonAnabasis
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel is about a 20 min drive from the airport, and they arranged for a taxi to be waiting for us. It has a motel feel about it, as you can park right outside the studio rooms. The room was spacious, clean and fairly modern. My only complaint is that is is very hot, the underfloor heating doesn't appear to be regulated. It made it very difficult to sleep at night, because the road is so close, and you had to choose between roasting with the windows shut, or noise with them open. Although the view at the back of the hotel is stunning, the front looks out onto a KFC, a supermarket and a petrol station. Handy for buying provisions tho.
Breakfast is self service and has the usual meats, egg, bread, cereal, yoghurt, with hot and cold drinks. It was enough to keep you going until lunchtime. I was persuaded to visit the KFC as I hadn't been before. I wont be going a second time.
This is a good enough base for a few nights, but I think next time we will try somewhere a bit farther away from the main road, as I am a light sleeper.
We went on the whale watching trip, which we enjoyed very much, and a trip to Thors Wood with f.stop tours. Mike Kissane offers great tours, and has a wealth of knowledge to pass on.
Iceland is an amazing place and we will be back.

Room Tip: Studio rooms have their own basic self catering
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank yuriko
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mosfellsbaer
Háaleiti
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
#16 of 52 in Reykjavik
Centerhotel Midgardur
#11 of 52 in Reykjavik
Hotel Odinsve
#13 of 52 in Reykjavik

Been to Hotel Laxnes? Share your experiences!