“A pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sorrento
Singapore
“A pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was initially apprehensive about staying here after reading some negative reviews and the rate wasn't cheap. However, I didn't regret after staying them. I stayed in a room with beach view. The view wasn't fantastic as the beach is across the road but I love sitting at the balcony, watching the world go by in the morning when I have my breakfast. It was relaxing at the balcony, feeling the sea breeze.

The room is clean, neat and my husband and I both love it. Perth hotels are expensive so I feel the rate for Quality Resort is worth the money. If I had stayed elsewhere, I wouldn;t get a location facing the beach. Too bad I didn't have the time to walk around the beach.

A lovely stay, will go back again:)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Andrew S, Owner at Quality Resort Sorrento Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Great Feedback thanks. Hotel Style studios and 1 bedroom Apartments have ocean view from the hotel section, with upstairs and downstairs both having ocean views. Ask for upstairs for beach views but they get quite hot in the Summer season. If you have a car next time, we offer Free parking and also Free WiFi internet.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
Riyadh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

When we booked I made a mistake and confused it for Scarborough Beach, Sorrento Beach is about 15 to 20 minutes further North. The 2 bedroom unit we stayed in was good for a family and we appreciated the washing machine and kitchen. The decor is a little tired and basic but okay for a family. Close to the beach, but a bit far from malls and other attractions of Perth. I would strongly advise against going there unless you have you own car. But amongst some of the highest hotel prices in Australia, which is the reality of Perth, this for a family who needs space,or someone who wants to be near the beach, good value.

Room Tip: Perhaps try for front where you might get a view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Andrew S, Owner at Quality Resort Sorrento Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your review and feedback. We have a lot of guests who say that the location is better than Scarborogh, even though the beach is smaller and the surf not so big but great for families. A lot of people who stay at Scarborough say their is not a lot to do there, no large malls or a proper cafe strip and that they have to travel up to Sorrento/Hillarys to catch the ferry to Rottnest Island, visit the Aquarium or enjoy the 30+ restaurants anyway, all these are within walking distance of our property. Maybe next time visit Scarborough first then book with us if you would like.
Warragul, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Had a 3 bedroom apartment and to be honest it is not worth 150 a night let alone the 300 they want, marks on walls, dirty couches and floors, fridge was missing racks to hold food in door and looked very old, cooking utensils have been there for many years and notvgood quality and the oven and stove was bought in the 80s, desperately need to be updated throughout saucepans handles we're extremely loose and dangerous especially seems we had kids, bathroom needs a good clean, wahing machine takes ages to do a wash and again is very old and battered ,no tv in master bedroom or enough accessible power points, reverse cycles were extremely noisy and had to turn up tv so u could hear it. We stayed for 4 nights and we only got given 1dish cloth!!! It's only a chux surely can afford to give more at the price they charge. Cleaners didn't come in at all during our stay, nice area but very disappointed in the resort itself.

Room Tip: Choose a different location, I don't recommend at all
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Warragul1
Andrew S, Owner at Quality Resort Sorrento Beach, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thanks for your feedback and can advise that we do service daily with changes to towels if required and removal of bins and rubbish.  If the apartments have a Do Not Disturb card on the door the staff will not enter and after 8pm the housekeeping staff have gone home.  Reception is open to 11pm nightly and can assist with clean towels or anything else that guests may require.  Every year each unit is repainted and there is 81 so we do 1 or 2 each week if not used, but this is difficult when we are so popular.  The property has 2 standards and types of accommodation with the 4* hotel rooms and 1 bedroom spa apartments built in 1999 and the 3.5* 2 and 3 bedroom family apartments built in 1986 but refurbished in 1999.  Our sister property Clarion Suites Mullaloo Beach, 5 mins further north has 4.5 star luxury 2 and 3 bedroom suites so maybe next visit this is a better option?
Gold Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

we arrived here after midnight, couldn 't appreciate the location and were shocked by the tired old decor (for the price). you enter a reasonably big room devoid of furniture except for two old sofas and a round table with chairs - and a brick wall, arched entrance to the small kitchen, washing machine next to the shower and an ironing board which had it's first life as a corrugated iron roof panel. the place is old and tired and relies on it's great location just a couple of minutes from Hillary's boat Harbour which has some great dining options to suit all budgets. After we had been there a couple of days we forgot about how old and tired it was. - it is a good location. You can see the dolphins playing in the sea just the other side of the road; you can see all the residents taking their daily exercise; the pool is well maintained, and even though it is old and tired, I think we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Definitely go for an apartment with a veiw of the sea....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Feedback welcomed. Not sure when this guest stayed as the Sofas in these units were all replaced in late 2011 so it must have been before then. We are constantly upgrading items and are planning to repaint the external walls of buildings in the near future, but we feel it is more important to make sure the internals are kept fresh and clean. The 2 and 3 bedroom units were built in 1986 and refurbished 1999 when the new ocean view hotel and spa apartment block was built. They have 2 showers, one in the bathroom and the other in the laundry which is great for families or groups. Size wise most are quite large and you can stay upstairs or downstairs with some away from the carparking, so if this is important we welcome any special requests when you book, it makes it easier for us to look after you.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

If you'd like to see what beachside apartments looked like 40 years ago, book into the Sorrento Beach resort. A completely functional 2 bedroom unit, with absolutely zero flourishes and frills except for a picture on the wall in the living room, not even a cushion on the sofa. I have to say, nothing was broken or not working, it was all in a good state of repair, which is nothing short of amazing given how old all the fixtures and fittings are. I don't suppose there is much you can do with brown tiles, and pebbledashed ceilings, I'm sure they were the height of good taste in 1978. So a couple of my 4 star ratings are just for the maintenance team! It was also extremely clean - it is possibly a bit worrying that being clean and well maintained are not taken as given but these days it is very uncommon to check into a self contained unit and find it all completely perfect, not even a light bulb not working. Sad but true, so well done Sorrento QBR.

Most of the units have almost no view other than the carpark, so it all feels very institutional, which makes the "Resort" element of their name a bit misleading, in my view. It is also very noisy, sleeping-in is virtually impossible, given that most units have bedroom windows about 2 metres away from a car in the carpark. And god help you if you have any neighbours needing to depart at an ungodly hour, as they will be banging a suitcase down a concrete and iron staircase right by your head.

I have to say 3 things that were extremely positive about the Quality Resort Sorrento Beach. The location is brilliant, especially if you have kids. The beach is fantastic and it's walking distance to Hillarys Boat Harbour which has lots to do for families especially. The second good thing - the staff are very efficient, polite and on the ball, which given how busy they are is pretty impressive (it's a busy place, only decent accom in the area and big site), and finally, I thought it was good value, though others will disagree, it is possible I just got a good deal, but I think by Perth standards (and that's saying something, Perth prices are off the wall!) it is good value especially for families.

So on the whole, we would stay here again, because the location is so good and we have young kids so not being able to sleep in is not really an issue. But please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please QBR Sorrento, send someone down to Ikea with a credit card and let them buy a few things to make the units feel less institutional!! A few little touches (such as a coffee plunger or a cushion on the sofa - I'm not talking anything lavish here!) would make it feel a bit comfier.

I forgot to add - free latest release movies on the telly a nice touch.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Monkey_and_Bear
Thanks for the fantastic comments. My staff and I work very hard at making the most of what we have and even though the property is not the prettiest, we can make it the cleanest and make sure that everything works as it should. We are constantly upgrading when we can and do put a lot of effort into using these reviews to guide us in spending the money we have in the best places. All of the Sofas have been replaced in the last 6 months and we have recently taken advise and put new coffee tables in the 2 and 3 bedroom units. Next is replacing all the ovens and changing the restaurant onsite to be open all day for breakfast and coffees, not just dinner. We look forward to seeing you back so when booking please request an ocean view apartment and we will try to get this for you.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Since there is no public transportation from Perth City, I had to take a taxi to and from the hotel in Sorrento Beach. I specifically inquired about public transportation out to the coast when i was booking. the managers were vague, saying something about there might be a bus to the coast. It wasn't made clear that i would have to take a taxi until i arrived at the airport.
I really wanted to see the ocean; when i booked i asked for an ocean view. when i arrived i found that there was a main thoughfare between me and the ocean so there was quite a bit of traffic. i made it a point simply to appreciate the ocean view. had i chosen the opposite side, it may have been quieter, though less inspiring to go walking and brave the rain and wind. Weather was rainy and chilly in Dec 2010. There were no restaurants close by for someone like me doesn't drive on the left side of the road. I had to walk whereever i went. There was a lovely restaurant on site. That is where i ate all of my dinners and took advantage of having a lovely glass of wine with my dinner that came from southwestern Australia. There was shopping area with restaurants and shops about a mile up the road. The aquarium of WA was on a spit of land as well as the speedboat launch that took you to Rottnest Island. If you make this trek from Perth or points north and south, it would be best to have your own vehicle in which to get around. In spite of these challenges i enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Consider choosing a room where you can still see the ocean, yet off to the side away from the main r...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Arrived in Perth after a 12 hour flight from Singapore at 4-30am, by the time we had got the hire car and driven to the hotel it was 6-30am.
Reception didn't open till 7am. We were then told that booking in time was 3-00pm. I explained that the flight arrived at 4-30am and that we had had no sleep for two days.
We were told that check out time was 10am and there was nothing he could do before then.
We had to hang around until 11am before a room became available.
We had a studio apartment which was very well equipped with a large comfortable bed a nice settee and a decent sized flat screen TV.
Although we had a bad start, it was not the fault of the hotel.
We found the staff very helpful and friendly. There is a computer in the reception area which is free to use.
One thing did disappoint us was the swimming pool. It is very small and ice cold. There are several plastic chairs to sit on but only 5 sun loungers.
Within an easy 10 minute walk is Hillary's Harbour.
This consists of souvenir shops and several fast food outlets and 2 or 3 restaurants. But no pubs.
Get down there at about 6pm and it's heaving with people but by 8-30pm it's empty and everything closed.
We spent most nights in our room watching TV as there was nothing else to do and if you've ever watched Australian TV, you know how bad that is.

Room Tip: Think about what you want to do on a night. If you want night life, this is not the place for you.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review. Recently we have made the pool heated and have always offered free in room movies and 6 foxtel channels, upgrading the TVs to 32" LCD HD. There is 1 nightclub and a very good Pub/Tavern called The Breakwater now in at Hillarys just a short walk away as well as the 30+ restaurants and cafes. We are very busy, however if we know you are arriving earlier will try to get you in as soon as the room is cleaned, checked and ready. Better to get the room right than let you in when it is not. Airport transfers are available at a cost and can be booked online when the reservation is made so I recommend this as a good option.. Look forward to seeing you back..
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sorrento
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
#1 of 1 in Mindarie
Joondalup City Hotel
Joondalup City Hotel
#4 of 4 in Joondalup

Been to Quality Resort Sorrento Beach? Share your experiences!