All reviews great night great fun narrow streets karaoke bar new friends tour guide japanese culture small group solo traveller few drinks an amazing experience local nightlife fun experience amazing evening local knowledge great guide delicious food
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a fantastic time with Rodney, really got to experience Osaka and hear a lot of great history while enjoying many fun bars. Rodney hungout with us for hours after the tour ended and you can tell he is genuinely passionate about making sure the tour is unique while giving the attendees the best view of the city. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank kpcassell
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hands down the most fun tour I’ve ever been on. The food was delicious and Rodney knew everyone and was super knowledgeable, the bars he took us to were super local and each possessed such uniqueness and personality, and the cultural background was also fascinating. This was all a footnote compared to the overall experience though, Rodney treated us like friends; his keen sense of humor, hospitality, and eagerness to be an engaged part of the group made it special. He took us to his comedy club, performed, took us to the local fried chicken joint, and then the grand finale was a super fun, intimate kareoke bar with some of the best energy I’ve experienced at any establishment. I laughed so hard, sang my heart out, and just genuine had an amazing time with Rodney and the rest of my tour group. Anyone unfamiliar (or even familiar) with Osaka would be crazy to not do this tour. What was a last minute recommendation from another tour guide became a major highlight of my entire 2.5 week trip to Japan. Could not endorse Drink Osaka or Rodney more.

1  Thank Andrewe63097
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Every time we visit a new city, my wife and I book a tour to get acquainted and find out the soul of the new place. As we love a food experience we booked this tour and we had a fantastic night. Rodney and Saki were great hosts and showed us some amazing venues that we would never have found or experienced on our own. We also met some lovely others on the tour. This tour is highly recommended.
Chris from Coogee, Australia.

1  Thank ckourt
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I contacted Taste Osaka very late to see if we could fit in their evening tour but unfortunately that was not possible. Rodney offered to take us on the next day to a more food centered afternoon tour in the area and we took the opportunity. It was one of the best experiences we had during our two week Japan trip. I sincerely recommend to take part in their tours and would definitely go on a one if I ever visit Osaka again. During our customized tour we visited 4 different places and got to try food that probably would not have without him. Definitely would not have found those places and not learned so much about the area and Osaka.

1  Thank katjamatkustaa
Reviewed September 11, 2019

We had a group of 8 and Rodney managed to get us into the tiniest, most interesting, groovy, unique bars throughout the tour. He clearly loves showing visitors to Osaka unique & definitely out of the ordinary places! We went into one bar that only had standing room for about 4 or 5 people, squeezed past them and like Alice through the Looking Glass went through a hole in the wall (literally), up a flight of stairs (steep) and into a room that just managed to seat the 8 of us on the floor - a 'dumb waiter' (hand driven) was then the means of receiving our samplings of sake's and whiskies - unforgettable! Rodney's enthusiasm is infectious and his Japanese and knowledge of the area is second to none. We will be telling everyone about this.